Vogue Australia December 2006 : Kylie Minogue

melbguy

Reaction score
hope this isnt too early to post but just read this information

Kylie in the editor's chair
WE understand Vogue Australia is again going to have a guest editor for its December issue, after the circulation success of the Gemma Ward issue last year, the Princess Mary issue in 2004 and the Karl Lagerfeld issue in 2003. This year the guest editor will be Kylie Minogue. Apparently, Minogue originally declined the invitation but has changed her mind and Vogue editor Kirstie Clements is about to hotfoot it over to London to work with her on the issue.

from australian.news.com

Editor Kylie shows her flair

LEADING style magazines have enthusiastically championed the cause of creating guest-edited issues of their journals.
And the latest coup comes in the form of Kylie Minogue, who has waved her wand over the December issue of Vogue Australia, as Insider exclusively reveals today.
Kylie looks more mature and womanly, wearing extreme and graphic make-up with her elfin, cropped hairdo.
She wears Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana (who are friends of the star) throughout the issue, and perusing the mag confirms it really is Kylie as we've never seen her before.
In her editor's letter, Kylie offers her thanks and gratitude to those who have stood by her, especially since her breast cancer diagnosis.
Somehow, the Aussie chick fitted in her "publishing'' role while she prepared for her upcoming Showgirl Homecoming tour, put the finishing touches to a new Darling scent from Coty, completed her underwear line for Target and promoted her first kids' book.
"Since my cancer diagnosis, my whole world changed - I have learned and experienced so much about myself and others,'' she tells Vogue readers.
"It's great to be able to make those first steps back into the life I knew before, the one I now better know.''
Vogue started the celeb-editing trend with Baz Luhrmann and Catherine Martin, followed by Karl Lagerfeld and Gemma Ward.
Kirstie Clements, the magazine's pre-eminent "real'' editor-in-chief, says Kylie's professionalism was paramount and evident in all that she did, with the cover shot presenting a positive, beaming image.
"I guess she's used to being organised, and she would always offer variations and options,'' Clements told me.
"Kylie knew what a deadline was, was quick to come back with responses and ideas and was genuinely interested in the subject matter.''
Clements says that since getting Chanel maestro Karl Lagerfeld to edit an issue two years ago, she has set an extremely high bar for the guest-editing role.
"Whoever we choose as the guest editor, they have to be the right person and someone who is either a leader in their field or has a relevance to fashion,'' she says.
"Kylie certainly fits into that category, and her presence will be an early Christmas present for our readers.''

From news.com.au

Attachments

• 0,,5287156,00.jpg
    0,,5287156,00.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 0,,5287158,00.jpg
    0,,5287158,00.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 0,,5287159,00.jpg
    0,,5287159,00.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 0,,5287200,00.jpg
    0,,5287200,00.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 27
^thanks for the pics and info melbguy!

hmmm i havent' seen any kylie pics lately but is it just me or does she look very...different? :unsure:

wonder what eds are in this issue. last year's gemma issue was great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the pictures but I LOVE her. What a fighter! Its wonderful to see her back.

whoa I don't like the pictures but since I love Kylie I'm gonna buy the issue. I think she is a good celeb choice for a magazine, because she is not 1 dimensional.

Looks like Kristie Clements accidently got something right with using annual guest editors. :smile:

eternitygoddess said:
Um...that's the worst photoshopping I have ever seen.

so true. i'm disappointed....

and i'm also wary about this guest-editor thing....i mean, what do celebs really do here? write? or decide which pics to include?? i don't get it...

She looks better in candid pictures:
720545072e2ead7gc5.jpg

Wow, what horrendous photoshopping. =\ A shame, she's so pretty.

She must have had a hard time, I believe that her face is somewhat deformed after all that kemo therapy! Poor Kylie still very beautiful though.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree, but I'm glad she has the cover, overall, after all she's been through, y'know?

Yeah if there's interesting stuff inside I may just have to plunk down the $10 to buy it.

It is somehow very wrong, the way she is phothographed. It looks as if they tried to hide that she has been trough a rough time, and photoshop her face (very badly) It would have been so nice if they did a natural shoot, that would show that she is still very beautiful, make it more realaxed, this looks very forced.

It looks like the photographer is over-compensating a bit. It just makes me feel unnatural.

It's hard to comment on it, because I feel horrible saying anything negative... :unsure:

omg they photoshopped her to look like a man!! ugh how dissappointing... i might still buy it if I can find it in stores in Canada though... never seen an Australian Vogue here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->