Vogue Australia February 2011 : Catherine McNeil by Max Doyle

Dont mind the retro Cosmo feel at all...I hear your complaints but im liking the throwback cover look. And Catherine is an exquisite beauty.

New Seasons Hit List looks like it wants to be a French Vogue David Sims editorial. :lol: :wacko:

It's interesting to read this thread and see all the references other people can see and how unsignature it becomes when thrown in one magazine altogether. When looking at the cover, my attention can't stray away from the "FAKE IT"; seems like this all should be some bad joke or something!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least VA has people talking..that's more than you could say a few years back. And I like that they promote/discover/build their OZ model's careers and have gone from almost total ed reprints to original content...and no, Clements hasnt quite found the mags voice yet, but she has taken major strides towards putting VA on the map.

Wow. Total copy of Vogue UK. I like it, though I hated the UK version. Everything looks lovely bar Catherine's pose.

I'm a bit worried about Cat. She's one of my fave Aussies and this seems to be her 2nd "comeback".:(:ninja:

Great to see Samantha & Myf in "New Season Hit List". OMG, Alice Burdeu!:o:woot:

Ugh, another disappointment. The cover looks so boring and cheap. With a face and body like Cat's there is no excuse for this. :yuk:

I love Cat immensely but I agree with most people they could have done so much more with her:blink:. New Season Hit List is the only thing that saves this issue, kinda, just cause it features new spring clothes and nice to see Alice.:D

k...fair enough. the styling is crap:(

At least VA has people talking..that's more than you could say a few years back. And I like that they promote/discover/build their OZ model's careers and have gone from almost total ed reprints to original content...and no, Clements hasnt quite found the mags voice yet, but she has taken major strides towards putting VA on the map.

She's had quite a while to search for Vogue Australia's voice. It's been at least 5 years - maybe even a decade?

who styled this cover? it looks like teen vouge meets target.

target :lol: I have to agree

VA are always using the same models in their magazine. If they are not overexposing Cat it is usually Nicole Trunfio, Elyse Taylor, Jessica Hart and recently Codie Young. When is Kristie going to realise that Cat and Nicole are never going to have the careers they once did and Jess and Elyse never have had successful HF careers :lol: . I want to see something fresh from them, some new models

Last edited by a moderator:
i love "New Season Hit List"! it's so beautiful and simple, and now that some people are saying it, it reminds me of davis sims' photography as well. who's the most dark skinned model? she's just drop dead gorgeous!

i love "New Season Hit List"! it's so beautiful and simple, and now that some people are saying it, it reminds me of davis sims' photography as well. who's the most dark skinned model? she's just drop dead gorgeous!
That's Samantha Harris. As far as I know she's the only Australian model of Aboriginal descent that has been featured in Vogue Australia. Generally it is rare to see an Aboriginal model in Australian fashion magazines.

Bland.
Great to see Samantha, Alice and Cody, though.-

absolutely love Vogue Australia ... LOVE the hit list ... i like the photojournalist feel with the different types of pix juxtaposed next to each other (and all local girls too) ... very similar to what US Vogue does sometime with David Sims etc... awesome to see Alice B back in it and Samantha H just goes from strength to strength ... hv to say that I love how loyal Kristie Clemments is to Aussie models ... my only criticisms would be that i hate the fonts and layout on the covers recently ... if they are going to do a sparse look, they could make much better use of the space & fonts so it looks intentionally light on text and not "empty" ... and although as noted ive admired Clemment's commitment to local aussie models, i would hv to somewhat agree that with Purpledinosaurxo about how it appears that she is trying to resurrect some models careers & launch another Gemma Ward almost ... still love VA though!!!

Cat's ed reminds me of something more Russh.
This issue has a really good s/s 11 feature, (eg. lots of good pictures to cut out! :D)

Ever heard don't judge a book by its cover. For me yes bad cover, plain, styling is hideous, colours aren't very matchy matchy, but! when i opened VA i realised they have really stepped up there game. A lot better then what it used to be i must say and generally speaking Australia is in a completely different season then Paris & Usa which is where VA gets most of there content, well at least it is based upon French Vogue and American Vogue, in my opinion no VA is not a leading source what i mean is Americans rely on American Vogue to deliver monthly on the up and coming trends right? Australian Vogue is the same but being in summer when they are in winter they are not yet grabbing up and coming trends but the seasons before out of American Vogue and French Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->