Vogue Australia January 2024 : Hanni & Danielle by Hyea W. Kang

This issue should be special... Because Vogue Australia has been without a good cover for FIVE years or more!

This issue should be special... Because Vogue Australia has been without a good cover for FIVE years or more!
On a scale of 10, how many points would you give to that cover?

Yup. I was surprised of how vibrant and fresh it is knowing that it's their Summer cover.
This month's issue with Emily is too gloomy and sad for a Summer issue.

Nothing special. Pretty generic but the standards are low for this edition.

Photographed by Hyea W. Kang:

Is this really what resonates with Australians?

No.
K Pop appeals to a very niche market ~ very few artists even crack the top 40.
This man & his fish is more appealing to me when I was looking at the magazine rack & I’m no outdoors man.
The editor at Vogue should contact the fish editor to get a few pointers ! It’s about two things ~ the enjoyment of life through the consumption of products … duh !

IMG_5264.jpeg

Not into K-pop whatsoever but I don't mind the sight of this cover. I'm able to appreciate how clean and fresh the cover is, and I do like blacklit photography. At the very least, also, duo cover setups like this always transport me back to Carine Roitfeld's Vogue Paris covers with Isabeli Fontana and Jeisa Chiminazzo, Du Juan and Gemma Ward etc etc.

The editor at Vogue should contact the fish editor to get a few pointers !

Listening to someone who subscribes to fishing magazines, apparently they have a real problem with just reprinting the same content over and over again. There seems to be a cycle, where a person first starts reading these publications and learns a lot from the articles, but once they've gained more experience, there's not that much the magazine can then offer, along with the age-old situation of the reviews tending to favour their advertisers. Yet still they subscribe, it's a hard habit to break.

The cover girls are not niche at all if you think in the global scale of their current popularity. Newjeans would easily sell out stadiums if they performed in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->