Vogue Australia October 2009 : Anna Selezneva by Camila Akrans

Reprints are the main reason why I buy Australian Vogue.
Finally a positive perspective on the whole reprint dilemma. While original productions will always be more liberating (not necessarily better) than reprinted stories, I think a good and smart selection of reprints can be as exciting as good original content, especially when you consider the fickleness of fashion and how a quality production that involved a lot of hard work and plenty of talented people is available for a month only in specific locations and then move over so a newer issue takes place.. I think we sometimes get carried away in our rush to see models in new scenarios without taking in consideration that a story, when it's genuinely created, can capture so many elements of a time in fashion and is ultimately a way of genuine expression for the team behind it, an expression that aims for exposure, not a one-month life imo (except for US Vogue reprints, which are basically just that).
Don't know if I'm making any sense but I think Vogue Australia is slowly coming to a point where they balance strong productions of their own (Max Doyle's) with equally strong foreign work, such as the one by Akrans for Vogue China, it'd be great if the first could outnumber the latter but getting rid of reprints isn't probably the best idea for someone that can enjoy flipping through good imagery regardless of timing or origin.

thanks for all the scans, lovemore. :heart:
I love the cover and Earthly Delights.. if it wasn't for that abominable Terry Richardson ed, I'd say the issue is close to perfection. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
What're the Eniko and Natasha edits? They're reprinted form? :smile:

I love the cover and Earthly Delights.. if it wasn't for that abominable Terry Richardson ed, I'd say the issue is close to perfection. -_-

I think that this issue was better than the 50th anniversary. Doesn't hurt to improve in the previous months.

Can anybody tell how many pages does the Anna ed have?TIA.

Can anybody tell how many pages does the Anna ed have?TIA.

Anna? As in Anna Seleneva? Unfortunately, she doesn't have one in this issue. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->