Vogue Australia October 2024 : Kate Winslet by Annemarieke van Drimmelen

^ did she cast herself? (serious question), I’ve been tempted to go see this but the fact that she looks nothing like Lee Miller annoys me, Lee was a model, that’s what added to the allure.. I don’t know, Kate’s talented of course but her acting and just general personality has never been my cup of tea.

^ did she cast herself? (serious question), I’ve been tempted to go see this but the fact that she looks nothing like Lee Miller annoys me, Lee was a model, that’s what added to the allure.. I don’t know, Kate’s talented of course but her acting and just general personality has never been my cup of tea.

I believe she did. Just checked and she is a producer and I also saw an anecdote that when funding fell through, Kate paid for all of the crew and fellow cast members for a couple of weeks worth of work. So I’m thinking it was a passion project. As in, she’s passionate about angling for another Oscar.

I like or even love her as an actress, but she is a bit annoying. I think she’s beautiful, too, but I agree she doesn’t really look modelesque. Though back then, Lee’s modeling work was mostly posing for nude photos for her own father (relatable queen!) and serving as a model for illustrations (that’s what Wikipedia told me, anyway)

Also I stand corrected, the movie has been released, it’s playing at two theaters near me. Kinda tempted.

beautiful photos

listened to an interview from kate re Lee and im a bit miffed

she basically said 'we are disreguarding her time as a model and as a muse to man ray' because 'she hated those times' and focusing instead on her time in ww2 as if she was the only woman journalist at the time, she really wasnt, her story is more interesting because of the intersection of the 2 but kate winslet finds visual beauty and glamour repulsive i guess, i can bet this movie will be a by the books oscar bait ww2 gritty big budget boring thing.. sterilized...

these photos are gorgeous though, and ive always found kate beautiful, and yeah, i think lee miller was a good 15/20 years younger than kate is as she portrays her at the same age?? silly..

beautiful photos

listened to an interview from kate re Lee and im a bit miffed

she basically said 'we are disreguarding her time as a model and as a muse to man ray' because 'she hated those times' and focusing instead on her time in ww2 as if she was the only woman journalist at the time, she really wasnt, her story is more interesting because of the intersection of the 2 but kate winslet finds visual beauty and glamour repulsive i guess, i can bet this movie will be a by the books oscar bait ww2 gritty big budget boring thing.. sterilized...

these photos are gorgeous though, and ive always found kate beautiful, and yeah, i think lee miller was a good 15/20 years younger than kate is as she portrays her at the same age?? silly..
but kate winslet finds visual beauty and glamour repulsive i guess,
and she promotes her film on Vogue...lol..

im such a fan of winslet but she kinda annoys me, shes incredibly talented, has always been really beautiful and funny-- and really these photos here are f*cking amazing to me

she picks bizarre projects, i hated mare of easttown i thought, her playing that part was offensive, the show was well done but, kinda also offensive, poverty p*rn, staring a rich posh brit from a movie biz family doing a philly accent??? why?? the regime i heard was boring, i dont think shes been in a truly good project imo since like the mildred pierce adaption which was beyond incredible-- and her run up to that was great

i love lee miller's story, kate winslet at the same age as lee at this time would have been great, not discounting lee's early life and connection to the art world, google women ww2 journalists, why pick lee miller's story if you're just going to flatten it into a gritty ww2 story??

it’s a cute cover and the editorial has some very good shots, considering the vibe of it.

absolutely adore Winslet, she’s always sharp and clever when doing interviews and talented AF. will definitely watch this movie.

Well, it's about Lee Miller, so it makes sense.

she picks bizarre projects, i hated mare of easttown i thought, her playing that part was offensive, the show was well done but, kinda also offensive, poverty p*rn, staring a rich posh brit from a movie biz family doing a philly accent??? w
I believe it's called acting.

Like everyone else, I love Kate as an actress, but as soon as I found out she was playing Lee Miller, I lost all interest in the project. It's fine to focus on her coverage of the war, but for me that was the least interesting chapters of her life, tbh. She was complex, and her life and relationships reflected that. The Man Ray years, the Paris years, the model years, the post war years, marriage, motherhood. Cool photos tho. Annemarieke never misses.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Xone

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert0199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->