Vogue Australia September 2024 : Charli XCX by Amy Troost

the use of colour on the New York mag cover is better but I agree, it looks cheap and a bit hackneyed, there isn't any of the sophistication or polish that, say, Carine's Vogue Paris would have done it with.

Just be grateful its not RayGun, at least not yet...
The only Raygun that should ever be acknowledged on a tfs forum is the 90s magazine where the cover would fall off the staples about a month after you bought it, and all the articles w3r3 wr1++3n l1k3 +h15.

• Haha
Reactions: KoV
We have to stop using ANTM as a shorthand for bad fashion photography when they produced photos that WERE BETTER than what we currently see in many so-called fashion magazines.

Of courseeee and in fact here you won't find a better follower from the NTM franchise than myself, sorry it sounds arrogant ahahaha but I've been championing Tyra Banks my whole entire life (when 3/4 of people here hate her a lot ahaha) since she started as a model in L.A and then took Paris by storm at age 17, collecting every cover, editorial, shoots she has done AND I've been watching every single 24 seasons of ANTM and rewatched them many times over ahaha.

Plus I've also been watching :

Korea's next top model
Australia's next top model
Britain's next top model
New Zealand's next top model
Mexico's next top model
Peru's next top model
Brazil's next top model
Canada's next top model
Africa's next top model
Asia's next top model

So I would call myself, an EXPERT on the ''Next top model'' franchise ahaha and Indeed you're right some of these shoots from some of these editions can rival FOR REAL many of today's top top high end fashion magazines like Vogue or Harper's Bazaar. HOWEVERRRRRRRR and that's my big however, I also have to be honest and recognize that America's next top model (after cycle 16) DID produce clown shoots and ridiculous ideas in comparison to what Korea or Australia's next top model were doing from the very start to their last photoshoot and episode.

That's why I think most people here (who maybe are young perhaps and started watching after cycle 16) say that the show was bad and therefore use it as a comparison when judging a bad shoot. But also, in all fairness, the America's next top model shoots were also formulaic and had a comic aspect at times, certain poses or certain ways of how Jay Manuel as a creative director on shoots or the show itself for watching purposes on television, made shoots look, with a specific way of lighting and positioning the girls etc. made you feel a certain way about them. I hope you understand what I mean.

For example that pose on ''New York'' magazine reminds me so so much the shoot from ANTM from cycle 10 on the boat with Elle McPherson.

Ready, reset, go
Model:
Amira Pinheiro Photographer: Blake Azar
pages: 10

CHARLI'S WORLD
Model:
Charli XCX Photographer: Amy Troost
pages: 11

Talking straight (reprint)
Models: Angelina Kendall, Guy Remmers Photographer: Nigel Shafran
pages: 18

Strike a balance (In collaboration with Fendi)
Model: Hanan Ibrahim Photographer: Jake Terrey
pages: 6

Keeping house (reprint)
Models: Karen Elson, Daniel Lee, Bright Vachirawit Photographer: Brianna Capozzi
pages: 4

Hat tricks (reprint)
Models: Abby Champion, Ugbad Abdi, Sarah Pidgeon, Juliana Canfield, Luke Champion, Alton Mason, Alston Mason Photographer: Sean Thomas
pages: 10

Into the light
Model:
Leila George Photographer: Max Papendieck

Fluid notion (In collaboration with Chaumet)
Model: Iza Dantas Photographer: Maya Skelton

Stargazing (In collaboration with Chanel)
Model: Stella Hanan Photographer: Charles Dennington

Charli isn't my kind of thing. I appreciate the fact she's getting the attention she deserves as she's been in the business for a good while and is really having her moment. From what I've seen, she hasn't been captured all that well though image wise. It's like everyone is doing what we think we want to see her as rather than her just having a little more control. It's all sooooo * b r a t * but it's all too of the moment to capture that moment when that moment itself is more spontaneous and authentic.

The LaChapelle, besides the inflatable hand shot, is too much. Should have gone for the style of shoots he did with Lil Kim or Alek Wek with the simple static props, backgrounds and backdrops. Barbie does Bourdin, not Barbie does micro-influencer Twink Bordello

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterJFrancoIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->