Vogue Brazil January 2019 : Luna Bijl by Martin Parr

zowiebowie

Reaction score
Photographer: Martin Parr
Fashion Editor: Pedro Sales
Beauty: Henrique Martins
Cast: Luna Bijl

An exclusive cover and editorial by Martin Parr for Vogue Brasil.
For anyone who got confused, Vogue Mexico syndicated the editorial for their January 2019 issue.

0-1.jpg

Terrible start at VB. This image is so fake and retouched that hurts, and this styling is beyond ugly. I hope that is not a bad sign for 2019, this magazine slayed in 2018.

This would have been a good cover if it wasn't for those stupid gloves.

How can other edition know about the editorial and syndicated before the original run?

^^Maybe is becaue Roma was releasw in Netflix Mexico last weekwnd and Vogue revealed the cover soon because of the hype.

How can other edition know about the editorial and syndicated before the original run?
Usually all international editions of a licensed magazine share an internal server where some of the materials are available for viewing, requesting etc.

Usually all international editions of a licensed magazine share an internal server where some of the materials are available for viewing, requesting etc.
Thank you for the info.

And they pay to use the images?

How disappointing. Especially after the exquisite cover and editorial with Shanelle last month. I was expecting to see an ethereal Luna, something we haven't seen from her modeling, and they gave us this awkward looking, hand-laden image?

Thank u, next.

How disappointing. Especially after the exquisite cover and editorial with Shanelle last month. I was expecting to see an ethereal Luna, something we haven't seen from her modeling, and they gave us this awkward looking, hand-laden image?

Thank u, next.
I think the problem here is the photographer not the model or the fashion director. Because the last one is responsible for the change direction of Vogue Brazil.

Yikes, it reminds me of Juergen Teller and it's not a good thing.

Mad about Martin Parr's work, but this is a terrible cover and edit. Reprint or not. There's usually a lit of wit in his work. Not seeing it at all here. I don't think Luna is generally a very intellectual or cinematic model (she really just excels at glamour for the sake of glamour), but I'll agree that it's not her fault. It's all on Parr and the editor. Because even without the photography, there would've been no way to make the styling look remotely interesting.

I was quite excited to see Martin Parr's name, and I got curious that it's paired with Luna Bijl's. But there's no need for excitment here. The gloves' idea is just badly executed. With another styling, another hand placement, and after they got rid of all the rings, I'm sure it could have been better.

This is terrible in every single front. The photography is really bad, how is that possible? Luna's beauty alone can't save this mess.

And the «Irreverence or death!» call is a bit much, isn't it? They sure killed their good run of covers with this mess...

Luna's had a string of really good Vogue covers since she first appeared...suppose it had to come to an end at some point lol. Both covers are U G L Y and it's all down to the styling for me - poor girl looks like she's been attacked by a five year old's dressing up box.

And the «Irreverence or death!» call is a bit much, isn't it? They sure killed their good run of covers with this mess...

Is that what it means? Lol. Kinda ironic in a Tumblr way with these covers, which to me looks like watered down Gucci campaigns. I doubt the Vogue Brazil team would be witty enough to use this cover and shoot as a proverbial middle finger to the quirky/kitschy/vintage vibe sweeping fashion. Now if it was Elle Brazil, then yes, I'd say it could probably be a talking point cover. Anyway, why am I even giving them the benefit of the doubt!?! I've seen the full edit and there's no humour, satire, or strong message attached to the images at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->