Vogue Brazil October 2020 : Pabllo Vittar & Gloria Groove by Hick Duarte

I like the 2nd cover, very Marie Antoinette in The Diamond Necklace Affair with birdcages and whatnot pinned to her hair.
Don't know about the first cover - too overposed.

Ooh I love these, much needed camp and glamour for these dire days.

I’m gagged for the hair and the mug. If only fashion magazines were this experimental with their regular models.

Congrats, Pabllo! But if only any editors were brave enough to feature the world’s iconic Drag Queens in a manner similar to the multi-models covers of US Vogue’s May 2009, May 2007, or November 1999 issue. That would be sickening!

Beautiful.. but the tagline... cringe

“[name] presents the best looks of the season and celebrates the freedom to be who she is”

"Eleganza, extravaganza" love it, love it, love it! Both Pabllo and Gloria look amazing!!! I'm so happy for them! Can't wait for their eds.

I stopped at "Eleganza Extravaganza" Ball culture or drag race fandom. Pick your demographic.

Isn’t “Eleganza Extravaganza” a runway category on Drag Race? I think most (or at least much) of the terminology and customs on Drag Race originated with Ball Culture. I don’t follow any of it closely (or even at all, really) but I’ve always seen current drag culture as being very much inspired by Ball culture.

Last edited:
Where do you think all the Drag Race lingo (and everything really) came from? Drag culture comes from ballroom culture, the two have always been intertwined.

I didn't say it wasn't? I just literally said "pick your demographic" aka whichever you want to think that this cover seeks to target/pander to by using that phrase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->