Vogue China August 2021 : Vicky Zhao by YITUO

Thank you for posting @Zorka and @aracic. These previews are so helpful in not wasting any bandwidth downloading this forgettable nonsense.

It’s still so hard to get over that this sort of aimless, clueless, and absolutely tepid kidz-playing-dressup is a reality with Vogue China now— especially in comparison to its supreme debut when Angelica reigned with such superior imagery with a proud Chinese identity.

This is just laughably juvenile and amateur— and so typical of SM “creatives” with their one image of a”concept” and just surround it with the same imagery, just in slight variations (… and when it doubt, throw in a blurry shot cuz apparently that equals “high concept”…). I suspect Margaret has her grubby “influences” in these sorts of stories: It’s so typical of “influencer” mediocrity.

@aracic is this under Margaret? Can u post the masthead?

No matter the masthead my beloved @aracic have kindly posted, I'm 100% sure that this issue actually has been created and published under Margaret Zhang, because Yuhang Yao has left Vogue China in the beginning of May. Plus, Benjamin Puckey in his Instagram post, among other things, has wrote: "Thank you @margaretzhang.".

instagram.com/p/CRgnYjcp9ki

and the much anticipated (by CN) Margaret Zhang can only do this much? The model choice is wrong, background is wrong, colors are all wrong.

The pose is so stiff that for a split second I thought it is an issue on Chinese Terracota warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->