Vogue China August 2024 : Xiao Wen Ju by Leslie Zhang

It'll get praise, but it's too static and referential for me.

She always delivers. I love the quirkiness of it all.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

weibo.com

Why is it so hard for them to put together a cohesive story? It's always the same instagram feed like compilation of images that are "cool" enough to use.
Looks like a lot of up-and-coming creatives working together at the same shoot
They all have their egos and want to showcase their skill set, they wouldn't compromise with each other
On top of that, the stylist has too many ideas and can’t control everyone on set

It is the same old story over and over again, you need someone bossy in this kind of situation, either the photographer or the stylist calling all the shots. Vogue China currently has no EIC and do they run throughs like America?

I kinda love the first cover with the leaves. It's ditzy, but still feels like high fashion.

They have creatives with egos? The west has egos with no creativity. Lol

These are very good images. The cover, the editorial. I just don't understand why western magazines can't make something good this way anymore; good is already too high of a bar rn.

They have creatives with egos? The west has egos with no creativity. Lol
Neither does the east judging by what Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc. magazines seem to churn out each month.

I legitimately don't see what's praiseworthy about this mediocre editorial. It's like when people praise Vogue Arabia for being gLaMoUr. I mean, come on, lol...

Neither does the east judging by what Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc. magazines seem to churn out each month.

I legitimately don't see what's praiseworthy about this mediocre editorial. It's like when people praise Vogue Arabia for being gLaMoUr. I mean, come on, lol...
It does what it does really well. In total contrast to western magazines that can't execute a simple thing like a portrait of a athlete.

I would change the makeup but otherwise the first cover is great! The editorial makes very little sense together but there are some great shots so give it a pass.

After last month's drab, dull and lifeless covers, this feels like a sight for sore eyes. Very much into how vibrant, graphic and stark the covers with the white background are. A massive step in the right direction from Vogue China...

The coverstory is Daniel Roseberry at the Olympics. If unapologetic excess gaudiness is your thing, then this story serves it supremely-- and in all fairness, it's executed well. The golden feathered winged shots is rather gorgeous. Eh.

1 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg1a Vogue China 8 2024.jpg

2 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg3 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg4 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg5 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg6 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg7 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg8 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg9 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg

10 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg11 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg12 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg13 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg14 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg15 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg16 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg

17 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg18 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg19 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg20 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg21 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg22 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg23 Vogue China 8 2024.jpg
Vogue China August 2024

Why is it so hard for them to put together a cohesive story? It's always the same instagram feed like compilation of images that are "cool" enough to use.
the "story" reminds me of many typical asian crazy movies where you never know where it goes. for example... everything everywhere all at once. Its a very asian style i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gorgiosa9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->