Vogue China December 2014 : Xiao Wen Ju & Fei Fei Sun by Tim Walker

hands down one of the best editorials ive seen this year!! That is ust hauntingly beautiful. It feels like its luring you to the dark side but it promises something glamorous to come with it. Ahh! TIM <3

Phenomenal editorial, every bit of the edit is beyond expectation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how many pages this issue is????

I must be the only one that thinks Tim's got way more misses than hits. The last edit of his that had me bow down was Far Far From Land.

Most of his shoots, as charming as I find the narrative to be at times, and as much as I appreciate that he makes an effort with the concepts, I just find them half-baked-- like a film script that needs a few revisions, despite a good story, before going into production.

These covers... I don't know why Vogue China, along with Vogue Japan, insists on these catalogue shots for their covers. I guess they can't shake that commercial/consumer aesthetic that's so prevalent in the asian market, even high fashion has to be watered down in a high fashion publication so the consumer can clearly see what they're selling on the cover. Such a shame, since they always cast such strong models that would look even stronger with creative composition, instead of just looking like a mannequin in a department store-- literally.

Holy Smokes! Du Juan was robbed, I could spot 3 covershots in her edit. Her editorial is absolutely sublime. What a strong issue.

wow. it´s so haunting and beautiful. I love the projected shadows :smile:

Classic Moods
Model: Maartje Verhoef
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Tiina Laakkonen

glossynewsstand.com

Mystical Sands
Model: Photographed
Photographer: Trunk Xu
Stylist: Yoyo Yao

glossynewsstand.com

Silent Forest
Model: Chiharu Okonugi
Photographer: David Dunan
Stylist: Ida Wang

glossynewsstand.com

Without watermarks

A Fairy's Dream
Model: Du Juan
Photographer: Yin Chao
Stylist: Regina Chan

glossynewsstand.com

Without watermarks

Out Of Office
Model: Sasha Luss
Photographer: Katja Rahlwes
Stylist: Franck Benhamou

glossynewsstand.com

The editorial is one of the best i've seen this year. So theatrical and the models are so into their roles.
I love every shot, but the one with the magical black and white Balenciaga/Lanvin looks is just awesome.
Tim is a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim is a true genius and to me he's the one photographer who consistently delivers breathtaking work. One of the best editorials of the year, hands down.

Maartjie needs to work on her poses, she's really just standing around in her edit.

Are there HQ versions of the covers around anywhere?

seeing Maartje's editorial underneath the one of Fei Fei and Xiao Wen just goes to show how good models can completely elevate an editorial....

What i love most about Tim's editorial is that it looks like actual photographs, and not sloppily and lazily shot (ala Mert and Marcus') wax works that don't feel like a real photograph... Kudos for Tim to be able to capture something that feels authentic and real

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac0770
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->