Vogue China March 2016 : Gigi Hadid by Sølve Sundsbø

I don't think so. I didn't see her in any music videos, never saw her in tabloids...

It's just that she is having her momentum in fashion. She is everywhere.

She's in the video for the #1 song in America and the UK, and she's always in the tabloids, the Daily Mail alone has like 5 articles a day about her. She's on the Beverly Housewives every so often.

When for example, Arizona Muse was having her momentum, you didn't see her anywhere unless you actually follow fashion. Gigi however, literally everywhere. She seems obsessed with being a "supermodel", and her PR team are making sure she's exposed to the max.

Last edited by a moderator:
^My boyfriend knows who Gigi is because he saw her in How Deep Is Your Love video :lol:

Incredibly overexposed, I sincerely like her but the less we see her the more we will be appreciate published work. This cover isn't great.

i am so so bored of this girl

kendall is even more interesting than her...at least the has the model "look" !!

I feel like her nude Vogue Paris cover was the best thing she's ever shot and nothing will impress me as much anymore. This is so drab.

She's in the video for the #1 song in America and the UK, and she's always in the tabloids, the Daily Mail alone has like 5 articles a day about her. She's on the Beverly Housewives every so often.

When for example, Arizona Muse was having her momentum, you didn't see her anywhere unless you actually follow fashion. Gigi however, literally everywhere. She seems obsessed with being a "supermodel", and her PR team are making sure she's exposed to the max.

Yes, but I don't follow those things. That's why I said "I". And I'm even more tired than when Muse was having her momentum. So, yes, she's everywhere in fashion too.

This cover is not good at all. I'm sorry. It's not even Gigi's fault, tbh. It could be any model and it'd still be an awful composition.

I dont understand with overexposed comment. im sure if she doesnt have all those covers people with try hard to say that her moment is over.

I also dont understand with real model comment. My God, someone like Lexi Boling is dominating campaign like there is no better model than her!

Photographer: Sølve Sundsbø
Stylist: Daniela Paudice

69410d43jw1f0zqqpslbhj20nf0ub45h.jpg

weibo.com/voguechina

It gets even worse with that Dior scallop-edged skirt, the cropping seems so wrong.:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the vogue china readers even know who she is? I can't imagine her appeal outside of the west.

Do the vogue china readers even know who she is? I can't imagine her appeal outside of the west.

There are 3 huge words of descriptions above her name on the cover reading:
The darling/favorite in fashion industry
Victoria's Secret Angel
Superstar of social media

I guess the readers can figure it out themselves
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She never has a high fashion look to me. I felt she was going to be a SI/VS model ala Heidi Klum but the high fashion world seems quite taken by her (meisel and Roitfeld). I do give her credit for working on her body and appearing more presentable.

This cover is horrid.

You can say that again! The styling and colours looks very neutral for a March cover. Love the new art direction, but I don't think it was needed. They just had one last year.

Really fed up with Gigi and her perpetual sex doll posing. Hopefully this will be just like Kendall last year, one cover, never to be seen on the magazine again!

So True! The layout and styling are proper for Spring, but the model choice just ruins it all. OK, I have to admit that if another model did the same pose on the cover, I would just think the cover is flat. But when it comes to Gigi, I wouldn't stingy to give negative feedback. I mean, it may sounds vitriolic, but I practically feel physiological aversion when I see Gigi、Kendall or Cara on magazine covers or blue chip campaigns. They don't deserve it! And their "great achievements" should mostly give the credit to their last names. I feel sorry for those real models.

^ Are you seriously trying to start this conversation again...

So True! The layout and styling are proper for Spring, but the model choice just ruins it all. OK, I have to admit that if another model did the same pose on the cover, I would just think the cover is flat. But when it comes to Gigi, I wouldn't stingy to give negative feedback. I mean, it may sounds vitriolic, but I practically feel physiological aversion when I see Gigi、Kendall or Cara on magazine covers or blue chip campaigns. They don't deserve it! And their "great achievements" should mostly give the credit to their last names. I feel sorry for those real models.

Can we please stop acting as though a Vogue China cover is somehow the equivalent of the Nobel Prize in Physics?

^Well, many models would prefer a Vogue China cover than a Nobel Prize in Physics.

I like the cover, but not because it's Gigi. Just like the overall color and feel to it.

This argument is so stale, nobody DESERVES a campaign or a cover. Editors aren't looking out for people who deserve the spot they are looking for people that will sell and shift copies, that's all nothing more.

It doesn't really matter to me who is on this cover, the image is weirdly overexposed and I find that off-putting. Since it is Solve I'm sure it was a deliberate choice, but there is something really uncanny valley about the way it is appearing on my screen.

So I see Solve didn't think it was worth making her face and body the same level of brightness? Lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->