Vogue China June 2012 : Doutzen Kroes by Sølve Sundsbø

She really doesn't need that much airbrushing, but its still a nice cover.

too much photoshop which is evident in a lot of solve's work; look at her arms and how plastic they look, and it's almost like the head is from a different body. overall, it's an ok cover anyway mostly due to it's uniqueness.

I give the cover a thumbs up, it is good cover but not a blown away cover - it is better than mediocre but less than great. Doutzen looks gorgeous because she is gorgeous, but she is not bringing anything from within. I like the idea of a white swimsuit and pearls, but I am not bowled over by this combo.

ETA:
I hope the ed is good, I tend to be a sucker for Solve's Vogue China work - I like its stylized bent.

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad cover, but not that good ,pls give cover for chinese model ,liuwen feifei xiaowen suihe etc,
Doutzen Kroes,OMG ,she's out, old ,old old!!!!

out and old? Doutzen is from 1985, Lara stone and Anja Rubik (1983) are older and Natasha is also from 1985..
I think she is getting "in" again, first the closing slot at MiuMiu, then the Vogue Paris cover now Vogue China..

Back to the cover: I love the summervibe I getting from the cover. I don't mind the background. But indeed, way to much photoshop used, Doutzen doesn't need that.
If there wasn't so much photoshop i think the cover is pretty good, now it's a okay for me, cause Doutzen look like she is made from plastic.

I give props for not playing safe as they always do.
I dont care about the photoshop because it is Sölve style.
Doutzen looks so great. I adore this!

It's a very striking cover and you'd have to blind to miss this one on a news stand, but did they really have to use all that photoshop? I mean, really.
Doutzen looks great, but she doesn't need PS to look that way and they even managed to make real water look fake.
All in all more I like it, but it could have been so much better.

The cover falls flat in my opinion and it's somewhat deceiving, referring to Doutzen's body looking plastic. Obviously this is down to Sølve's style. I'm on the fence with this one.

i do think that the background looks like some smoke of the ice more than a pool or something, and the photoshop was just......well, at least their cover girl no more put her hands on her waist.

The Pool is not real one. That's the reason whay the cover looks over ps.
69410d43gw1dsr3qxuf1zj.jpg

weibo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so excited upon seeing Doutzen's & Solve's names along woth the cover but the result is beyond disappointing and the ed preview doesn't hold much promise either. She looks like a Sims 3 character :ninja:.

Normally, I hate overly photoshopped images. But, imo, Solve does it in a way that I love. Can't wait for the entire ed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->