Vogue China March 2017 : The Faces Of Now

Model: Natalie Westling
Photographer: Roe Ethridge
Stylist: Daniela Paudice

weibo.com/voguechina

Now I've seen it all! :lol: What's with the Anne Geddes set and props in Natalie's edit?

What even IS this!??!

That Xiao Wen editorial is astonishing. I honestly don't think I've ever EVER seen an editorial this bad in a major fashion publication before. It's staggeringly bad.

I actually love Gigi's cover. And Fei Fei looks great, too! Imaan is the winner here for me. Her editorial, as simple as it is, is pretty damn beautiful. And the third shot, in the black top with pink floral pattern, is utterly breathtaking. Her beauty astounds me. This would've been an epic cover.

Everything else is complete garbage. Like others have said, it just looks like a catalogue - like a CHEAP catalogue. Where is the creativity here?!

Judging by the covers, I was expecting sooooo much more. What happened?

:lol::lol: Easily the worst fashion editorial I've seen yet! Just look at that shot of Xiao Wen Ju in the pink Balenciaga boots. It's even more budget than a US Harper's Bazaar edit, and God knows they have their fare share of trainwrecks. These editorials prove once and for all that Angelica Cheung either have no taste, or that the she gives in far too easily to the CD of this magazine.

I love how they've thrown a lot of different props at Yasmin Wijnaldum and she still comes up short. The best of the lot is Imaan Hammam's story, but it's in theory a replica of this US Vogue shoot (also by Demarchelier). So there's absolutely no reason to waste money on this issue.

VC canceled lol, poor Xiao Wen, not to mention her March cover in 2014, she did her job but seriously there is nothing redeemable for this edit.

VC canceled lol, poor Xiao Wen, not to mention her March cover in 2014, she did her job but seriously there is nothing redeemable for this edit.

Oh God, yes! Completely forgot about that. There's no cover for her, I wonder why! Is it because her shoot was this bad?

That Xiao Wen Ju editorial has to be the worst editorial I've ever seen in a Vogue publication :lol::lol: It's beyond awful, what where they even thinking!?
And I feel sorry for Yasmin as well. Such a beautiful woman, looks great on the runway, but her editorial work is so weak.

Thanks to Fei Fei and, especially, Imaan for saving this issue though :heart:

Was Angelica Cheung drunk when checking and editing these editorials? I mean these stories are not even worth printing.

This is probably the worst issue of Vogue I've ever seen...

Pretty painful edition, hard to believe this is actually real.
Maybe it's a fake Vogue? It's Chinese after all. :mrgreen:

Oh God, yes! Completely forgot about that. There's no cover for her, I wonder why! Is it because her shoot was this bad?

She has one lol, all these covers are so forgettable though.

UHQ COVERS

Vogue China iPad Edition

*credits

FACES OF NOW

VOGUE CHINA IPAD EDIT

btw, anyone knows how to rip the videos from the ipad edition magazine?

btw, it seems only Gigi's cover is available in the newsstands, the other covers are exclusive for Condé Nast online store on Tmall.

btw, it seems only Gigi's cover is available in the newsstands, the other covers are exclusive for Condé Nast online store on Tmall.

Which also means that Gigi's cover is the one which will be shipped abroad. Sigh.

BIRD LIKE COLOURS
Photographer: Benjamin Lennox
Stylist: Tom Van Dorpe
Model: Sara Choi
Makeup: Violette
Hair: Vi Sapyyapy
Manicures: Maki Sakamoto

Vogue China iPad Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members