Vogue China November 2005 : Hana Soukupova

Are any Chinese models featured in Chinese vogue? It seems strange to me to have a European woman on the cover. There are stunning women in China so they can't be lacking models.

They may be wanting to be wanting to be more "international" therefore using more international models in a mix...since theyre not taking articles and editorials from other vogues like how vogue australia is, i think theyre tyring to make it a very recognizable magazine.

The editorials look amazing =) It's sad that it took this long for China to have it's own Vogue ... I'm Chinese myself, and when I'm there the mags are always teen mags full of clothes that are copying Japanese street fashion. I'm glad that there's Vogue now!

maraschin0 said:
The editorials look amazing =) It's sad that it took this long for China to have it's own Vogue ... I'm Chinese myself, and when I'm there the mags are always teen mags full of clothes that are copying Japanese street fashion. I'm glad that there's Vogue now!

I agree, and maybe it'll teach mainlanders a thing or two about style since currently they all seem to just spend spend spend and buy everything that is LV, Gucci, or Burberry and it doesn't matter how they wear their clothes as long as they're wearing designer head to toe. I can attest to this having to endure the gazillion mainlanders are designer shops everytime I"m out, however, places like Chloe and Escada are dead empty. Probably because it's lacking in horrendously recognisable monogramatic or checked prints that can be seen from a mile away!

^ That's exactly how I feel! It makes me sick to see so much LV monogram...If they made everything out of monogram, they would buy it. Gucci/LV/Burberry/Dior has a pattern or logo that is SO distinct, that you can tell RIGHT away what that brand is. What we need are classic and minimalistic styles that are actually wearable, (unlike those tasteless head-to-toe logos). I really think that Vogue will change some of that by providing insight into the lesser known brands that are soo highly underrated in China.

^it's also true in the entire Asia. It's part of the culture.

I can't see the whole ed of hana soukupova? would love to see it, does anybody know where else I could find it?

Guys, that comment was made over 3 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->