Vogue Nippon September 2005 : Hana Soukupova by Craig McDean

yourbestfriend

princely
Reaction score
Vogue Nippon Sept 2005 Cover

model: hana soukupova

vogue.gif

http://www.vogue.co.jp

I must say I like that cover, and it's not just my bias towards anything Hana. Although, they could use a more interesting background to highlight the theme...

I love the picture, but it's rather cut & paste, non? Too much text too.

Diorling said:
I love the picture, but it's rather cut & paste, non? Too much text too.

i totally agree...like it looks like they werent trying very hard. the picture itself is lovely but it looks like they just cut a picture and pasted it in front of white background. i also think there's waaaaay too much lettering which is really distracting

Yeah I noticed it looked similar to Doutzen's cover... just very plain and boring. They could really try to do something new and interesting..

I would have liked a more natural background. The white looks...off.

I had no idea that Nippon was another word for Japan?! Where have I been?! :shock:

I'm kind of in between on the cover, maybe cause there's too much wording.

LoveMyBoots said:
I had no idea that Nippon was another word for Japan?! Where have I been?! :shock:

I had no idea too! I always thought Nippon is a brand of paint.

funkalicious said:
I had no idea too! I always thought Nippon is a brand of paint.

Oh my god, you made my day! :lol:

I agree...Japanese graphic design often tends to be waaay too text heavy; doesn't help that each kanji character is so complex and busies up the page in itself. Not a fan of the cover either. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
dead link at the 1st post?

Anyway, it's shot by Craig McDean :smile:

company1.com.au

I really like it, sure the text is nuts, but i like that she is not cropped where the head is, like usually.

I really miss it when Craig McDean used to shoot their covers. The content also used to be better.

Ah, I wonder why I hadn't seen/remembered this. It's gorgeous.. typical layout side, that Comme des Garçons collection still haunts my dreams. :heart:

From McDean to Sgura. :innocent:

The decline of this magazine has really disappointed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->