Vogue España April 2020 : Ana de Armas by Thomas Whiteside

Gorgeous! Vogue Spain keeps coming up with these stunning yet simple minimalist covers. It could actually become their new identity. Pose, art direction and colours are all perfectly mixed.
Even though the Bond marketing machine seems to be going into overdrive so it's no surprise to see her on a major cover.

It's simple yet sexy, I like it! Ana is an actress I like too, so it's great to see her booking these covers for Bond.

The issue is already out on digital platforms. I'm not sure whether you can download it for free outside of Spain, but it might be worth checking out.
All the magazines that belong to the Conde Nast group in Spain will be available because of the coronavirus, not just Vogue.

From color palette to layout and subject, this is one magnificent cover! Light years ahead of her Vanity Fair. She's a naturally beautiful woman and it doesn't take much to highlight that, and this team did it right. Definitely excited to see more.

I actually love this. Everything works.

One of the best ones they've had

Gorgeous, the relaxed pose and color palette compliment her beauty so perfectly.

It just works, but wonder how it will look in print, it could actually go either way.

Lovely. She's a beautiful girl (or woman, really). I do wonder if the Bond postponement is going to be to her disservice though, will the hype still be there for her in November when the film actually comes out? I know she was in Blade Runner 2, but this is really her breakout role internationally, no?

Gorgeous! I got my eyes on Ana with that VF cover, but this is even more beautiful.

I know I will sound ignorant, but I do hope that the export/import of magazines won't stop or slow down during this awful stage Europe and the world are going through. If anything, good books and pretty magazines keep the nasty reality away, at least briefly.

I know she was in Blade Runner 2, but this is really her breakout role internationally, no?

I believe that Knives Out also contribute to her sudden rise to fame or at least in my case, because that's the first time I noticed her.

I believe that Knives Out also contribute to her sudden rise to fame or at least in my case, because that's the first time I noticed her.

Yes! She reminded me of a young Penelope Cruz in it, I couldn't take my eyes off her in most scenes.

Gorgeous! I got my eyes on Ana with that VF cover, but this is even more beautiful.

I know I will sound ignorant, but I do hope that the export/import of magazines won't stop or slow down during this awful stage Europe and the world are going through. If anything, good books and pretty magazines keep the nasty reality away, at least briefly.

That's why they are letting everyone read this issue for free, so people don't have to go out to buy the magazine. They also said they'll give the same amount of money they always give to the newsstands workers, so they don't suffer even more this month. Also, we have University libraries here in Spain allowing people to read their ebooks without any registration.
It's the best way to have something to entertain us with, without putting any more lives at risk.
When it comes to export and import...I mean, they can make issues available in other countries in a couple of months when everything is back to "normal".

A truly fabulous cover, extremely strong and commanding. Thomas Whiteside has done Ana justice, just love everything about this entire cover from the pose to the pink masthead teamed with the red backdrop. Peeeeerfect. Bravo, Vogue Spain!

LAS ARMAS DE LA GUERRERA
Photographer:
Thomas Whiteside
Stylist: Juan Cebrián
Hair: Rob Talty
Make-Up: Mélanie Inglessis
Model/Celebrity: Ana de Armas

Vogue España Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members