Vogue España August 2022 : Bella Hadid by Elizaveta Porodina

Interesting how Porodina translates differently depending on the masthead. Context redefining art. On a Vogue Italia cover, I understand her as surreal. Here, I am too conditioned by Vogue España's love for feísmo to consider any other perspective. Fascination through ugliness is not for everyone, certainly not for me, but it is valid nonetheless.

So. Thank you, I hate it.

The Whole Spread
Photography:
Elizaveta Porodina
Styling: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Evanie Frausto
Make-up: Grace Ahn
Model: Bella Hadid

concreterep.com

Exactly, you'd think the fact that they're saving an absolute fortune would be reflected in the quality of content we get. But I guess that money now goes somewhere else. I mean, this isn't the first time European editions are reprint-based. But it's sad to see how CN reversed all the hard work that went into building those editions from the ground up. Spanish Vogue used to be amazing, they had a beautiful layout and beautiful covers and now they get scraps. And what's even worse, they knocked down Italia and Paris as well - once the most fashionable of editions.
I guess you could find some light in the fact that they published previously unreleased images, but the entire situation is still pissing me off. I can only hope that with time, this situation will also end and all those various editions will start producing their own content again.

The cover is terrible. Bella looks like a friar in pink.

Editors simply do not care to invest in creatives that possess storytelling, artistic talent and vision anymore in this era. Editors and their bosses are like content creators/influencers with premiere sponsors and will demand the highest rates (from their advertisers), while putting in the minimum effort. Identity-politics is so much easier— and so cheap, to work with these days in selling your products: Much much much easier to hype and rally SM followers with likes to impress advertisers on representation/diversity/inclusivity etc etc gimmicks than it is to prep/produce/present stunning fashion imagery that will endure the test of time.

Even a remaining working Great like Meisel is unfortunately, blatantly not putting in the effort these days. Rather, coasting on his same old same old formulas (…that are likely arranged by assistants, no doubt). The days of incredible devotion to the craft of fashion storytelling and spellbinding cinematic, provocative, controversial fashion visions that inspire us to dedicate 4-5 years of our lives in art/design schools is over (…The granddaddy of all fashion stories “The Great Fur Caravan” by Avedon with Veruschka and Polly under Diana, and Tim Walker’s “Far Far From Land” always comes to mind with the brand of passion, devotion, creative professionalism— and simply fashion magic, and of a year’s dedication to produce the story, were the standards of a bygone era.)

(They don't even care about solid art direction these days. Look at the half-a55ed 1st-year design students layouts on these covers. The majority of creatives working for all these high-profile publications /brands are glaringly incompetent.)

Not into it, must be the same photogrtapher that shot Zendaya for Vogue Italia which I also wasnt feeling.

it's so funny because these Porodina editorials, they all look the same (Zendaya and Brad Pitt for GQ...)

^^^ Forgot about the hilariously dorky GQ Brad cover was by Elizaveta LOL

She’s so quickly painted herself into a gimmick-ladened corner already. Without her 100 basic PS effects layers, that GQ Brad cover is the result: Creepy, frozen halfdead face ODing on botox. It’s surreal to witness that Vogue in 2022 has devolved into the amateur, juvenile aesthetics of ModelMayhem 2007 LOL… weeps...

I liked her works with Zendaya for Vogue Italia… must be a one-time thing

Porodina seems to be everywhere at the moment, so it's likely we're going to overdose on her style of image-making and get sick of it very quickly, which is a shame.

Although in a world that moves so fast, and with so little care to create anything lasting, I can't blame anyone for taking every opportunity that's on offer to them.

Clearly inspired by Joan of Arc. The boyish air cut, the armour, the red clothing, the halos, the little flame. The shoot feels flat though, so emotionless.

9XUZD1lqcPSx.jpg

zimbio

Bella Hadid makes me uncomfortable in such a way I can't quite put into words.

Edit: Oh wait, it's the "uncanny valley" phenomenon.

CHICA NUEVA EN LA OFICINA
Photography:
Javier Ruiz
Styling: Alba Roces
Hair: Yurema Villa
Make-up: Yurema Villa
Model: Lara Mullen

Vogue España Digital Edition

A PRUEBA DE VERANO
Photography:
Dan Beleiu
Styling: Alba Melendo
Hair: Fer Martínezla
Make-up: Fer Martínez
Model: Adit Priscilla

Vogue España Digital Edition

Fun fact! "Chica nueva en la oficina" is a reference to Farala, a Spanish eau de toilette from the Eighties that became hugely popular thanks to the song in the TV commercial. The title of this editorial was part of the lyrics, and the atmosphere and palette (and jackets) seem to loosely draw inspiration from the ad too. A quite unremarkable editorial, but with a nice throwback twist.

LA MODA COMO LIBERACIÓN
Fotografía SILVIA TORTAJADA
Estilismo ALBA ROCES
Por ALEXANDRA LORES
08-22 Vogue-30 拷貝.jpg 08-22 Vogue-31 拷貝.jpg 08-22 Vogue-33 拷貝.jpg 08-22 Vogue-34 拷貝.jpg
Maquillaje y peluquería: Helena Liébanas (Cool) para NARS y GHD
Ayudante de fotografía: Adrian Ríos
Ayudante de estilismo: Laura Martínez
Modelo: Wen X (Wild)
Producción: Another Agency
Agradecimientos: Hotel Princesa Madrid

VOGUE España digital edition

Flicking through this online, the front of the issue raises hopes that there'll be original content in this issue, but the main editorial section is lifted from the current issue of UK Vogue, although you seem to get more images in several of the shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->