Vogue España February 2023 : Irina Shayk by Elizaveta Porodina

I like this a lot and I hate to say as I don’t really like to compare but it reminds me a lot of Vogue Italia…

very curious about the editorial.

BAD PHOTOS goshhhhh and overly retouched and bad angles chosen F*** !!!
The video is AWESOME and it shows that she's a very good model and someone who knows how to pose.
The chosen photos don't reflect at all her abilities, thank god the videos are here to defend her honor as a TOP model coz if we just judge on the photos it's awful !

Every month, looking through all the Euro Vogues full of reprints, I'd pick Vogue España over the German and Italian versions.

Given how awful the newest cover of UK Vogue is, and if - IF - any of the shared contents are worth a second look, I'd consider ditching February's UK Vogue to get this issue instead.

I like the editorial - could’ve been a tad less photoshopped.

I like the cover and the editorial.
I was wondering when Irina Shayk is gonna back to the covers of worlds magazines, and here we go.

BAD PHOTOS goshhhhh and overly retouched and bad angles chosen F*** !!!
The video is AWESOME and it shows that she's a very good model and someone who knows how to pose.
The chosen photos don't reflect at all her abilities, thank god the videos are here to defend her honor as a TOP model coz if we just judge on the photos it's awful !

Were we looking at the same video?! I’m actually surprised the shots came out better than she appeared capable of modeling in the video. Idk difference of opinion, but this is the second or third time I’ve been underwhelmed by her in video.

stripping off the digital fx, those are very mediocre photos. Cheap Paolo Roversi’s knockoff

Shouts Vogue Russia to the moon. In a perfect Universe would have been a cover if Putin wasn't a bastard and that magazine wasn't cut.

Eye contact and would have been a 10/10.

Were we looking at the same video?! I’m actually surprised the shots came out better than she appeared capable of modeling in the video. Idk difference of opinion, but this is the second or third time I’ve been underwhelmed by her in video.

To me I've never truly been impressed by her skills whatsoever in her entire modeling career to be completely honest.
She was just another sexy model without having the bonafide powers if you will of someone like Alessandra Ambrosio o Miranda Kerr or Karolina Kurkova who have sexy bodies but real high fashion muscles ahahaaha and know how to pose and how to appear sexy one day and super high fashion and edgy the next.

So, in her career I only liked her when she was booking jobs where she had to be sexy (a.k.a the covershoot of Spanish Vogue with Adriana Lima for example came to my mind) and not super edgy and strong and chamaleonic because she usually sucks at that.

However today in the video I can appreciate how she moves her body, how she knows her angles with her eyes, the neck, how she moves well with the clothing creating interesting shapes. BUT THEN I look at the pictures and they are sooooooo beyond amateur-ish :

- awful retouching with HEAVY hand
- blurry effect on the photos
- the angles chosen for her face make her look bad
- the poses in the video are much better and the chosen pics are beyond average
- the photographer's angle from how she captured Irina's face and body proportions make her look like a bad model
- clearly she shows more range in the video
- the final photos look like she wasn't ready for half of the shots and NO FREAKIN' NECK

= so yeah ahahaha I still prefer the video truthfully ahahah but yeah to each their own as you said

She looks like Jeffree Starr on the cover.

She looks terrible, the garments are unflattering to her.

Looking at this online, it's 180 pgs.

The interiors feature with Maria McManus is a reprint from UK Vogue, the main editorials open with the Porodina reprint, there's maybe one or two extra images here. Then it's the Pavarotti edit with Grace Coddington, the Hollywood portfolio, then the 'Celestial Being' eyesore edit, and then a US Vogue reprint of Ajok in the art gallery, and also the Nicola Peltz / Brooklyn Beckham one. No sign of Priyanka.

It might be a bunch of reprints, but it's a superior mix using the same ingredients.

Horrible cover, she looks out of place & also, the 5th photo fits so much better to be a cover.

My biggest pet peeve is when a subject isn't making eye contact, and it's what irks me most here (despite being a fan of the Porodina story this month). The beautiful colours and clean layout do save this somewhat but the lack of eye-contact is a total deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->