Vogue España June 2019 : Bella Hadid by Zoey Grossman

Very happy for Julien Dossena, but Bella looks like she's been stranded on the beach for days. Very grimy, but not in a sultry way. Pains me to admit to this, but Emily Ratjakowski looked way better in the same outfit on Vogue Australia's January (yes, January!) cover.

For the first time she looks pretty. That angle somehow works for her horsy face. This cover looks very fresh and summery.

Very happy for Julien Dossena, but Bella looks like she's been stranded on the beach for days. Very grimy, but not in a sultry way. Pains me to admit to this, but Emily Ratjakowski looked way better in the same outfit on Vogue Australia's January (yes, January!) cover.

It's summer in Australia during January

It's summer in Australia during January

Aware of that, but they don't generally get first dibs on European summer collections. Emily was in Australia purposely to promote Paco Rabanne (she's fronting their perfume campaign) because the country is a new luxury market, and Edwina must've persuaded the brand to show their SS collection. Whether the clothes were actually available for sale is another story.

All I'm trying to say is that in the super connected world we live in, I'd probably have gone for another look. You need to be extra sure that whatever you do or show is not only unique, but also exclusive.

That angle is odd

Aware of that, but they don't generally get first dibs on European summer collections. Emily was in Australia purposely to promote Paco Rabanne (she's fronting their perfume campaign) because the country is a new luxury market, and Edwina must've persuaded the brand to show their SS collection. Whether the clothes were actually available for sale is another story.

All I'm trying to say is that in the super connected world we live in, I'd probably have gone for another look. You need to be extra sure that whatever you do or show is not only unique, but also exclusive.

Yes, it is a very globalized world indeed, which makes everything very boring and is hard to find something special

I love the fact that she is wearing actual fashion, not just a swimsuit.
Weird angle for a very early 00’s cover...

For the first time she looks pretty. That angle somehow works for her horsy face.
Really?

Don’t like it. Looks like she’s walking home in a drunken daze. Unflattering angle.

Completely see your point, like caught off-guard down on the beach in Magaluf on the morning after the night before. Yeah... cannot unsee this now!

I do love that Paco Rabanne and the deep tan on Bella, though!

Terrible angle, terrible cover. Please release us from this non emoting nepo face. Im so terribly sick and tired of Kendull, Bella and their crew. I know I sound like an echo chamber but how is it possible these painted corpses still sell covers. What is wrong with the world. I've had it, officially. At least Duncan won Eurovision.

This is such an awkward pose and not a shot I would pick out as in cover in any shape or form. WTF is she doing? Looks very cheap to me I'm afraid.

but Emily Ratjakowski looked way better in the same outfit on Vogue Australia's January (yes, January!) cover.
ew, no!, she looked sweaty and dehydrated. Bella on the other hand looks amazing, nothing wrong with the angle, what works for me is that it's veeeeery early 00s Dior ad by Nick Night vibe (*or the love interest in an early 00s too Enrique Iglesias video lol).. the pose, the wonderful tan, makeup, body (circa Brazilian boom), tacky getup.. I approve.

*eta

This would have been good maybe 10 years ago.

Pretty sure they shot this 2 weeks ago. I wonder why it was so rushed.
Bella (who I don't hate at all) looked terrible on the paparazzi shots and the styling seemed to be an absolute mess. I'm not confident about this.

Pretty sure they shot this 2 weeks ago. I wonder why it was so rushed.
Bella (who I don't hate at all) looked terrible on the paparazzi shots and the styling seemed to be an absolute mess. I'm not confident about this.

I thought the same but in those paparazzi shots Jen Atkin is part of the team and she isn’t part of this cover so I assume it’s for a different shoot.

I thought the same but in those paparazzi shots Jen Atkin is part of the team and she isn’t part of this cover so I assume it’s for a different shoot.

Oh, I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->