Vogue España November 2023 : Rosalía by Katie Burnett

Very Hitchcock’s The Birds meets Man Ray, I think it’s the best cover and editorial in which I’ve seen her featured.

It’s good to see some real fashion photography after witnessing that pedestrian black hole of nothingness over at the Vogue UK thread.

I don't like the cover but the editorial is gorgeous. Classic Vogue Italia ed, circa 2005.

My digital copy is showing 212 pages. I like the cover story for its visual drama (by current Vogue standards) and that it's trying to do something different.

The editorial section also includes a reprint of the 'goodbye to Vogue House' feature (will anyone in Spain care?), followed by the first exhibition of the fashion collection of the House of Alba, then a reprint of the by-now-several-months-old Tokyo editorial with Devon Aoki, then something with Lila Moss, shot by Larissa Hofmann, and a longer version of the Mexico City shoot, by Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki, and we're at the end of the issue.

As ever, overall, there's a much better mix of editorial content in Vogue España, even if I've seen a lot of it elsewhere already.

This girl is terrible, I don't even know how they manage to force those growls to be good music... And not unlike her music, the cover is terrible too!

I'm with you. Not a Rosalía fan whatsoever and have yet to see even a half-decent magazine with her on the cover. Not impressed by this, despite giving me little subtle flashes of Kristen McMenamy via the lens of Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott.

I liked Motomami. It's the first reggaeton record I like in my entire life and maybe because I know what her saying in her songs (living in Argentina). The mix of global cultures, the sexuality, the young spirit and the avant garde references make that album something special. And I find quite cool like singers like Bjork and Roisin Murphy loved the album as well. My conflict is the way she is portrayed in Vogue or any fashion title. The pictures for the covers are quite unflattering to her, even the Lindbergh one years ago. I did see better covers with her for Rolling Stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jader
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->