Vogue España November 2024 : Adriana Lima by Daniel Jackson

When was last time Dan Jackson shot for cover of Vogue? I only remember his wannabe eds of Steven Meisel in Vogue US....

My library's digital copy is showing 228 pages - it's also showing the b/w version of the cover. Inside cover ad campaign is Chanel's Coco Crush jewellery range.

At the front of the issue, there's a fairly long fashion editorial Mar de Plata, shot by Pablo Zamora, styled by Patricia Lopez, with model Vilma Sjoberg. The jewellery section has a shoot Alto Voltaje, shot by Lala Serrano, with model 'Linsdey Lenoard' (I'm sure Lindsay Leonard's pleased to see the care Conde Nast has taken with her name).

The cover shoot is followed by the reprint of Raquel Z's pottery studio, a reprint of The Suitors from UK Vogue, a reprint of the Jacquemus-at-home story, a reprint of Home of the Brave (here renamed Born In The USA), shot by Norman Jean Roy, and then an older reprint, Into The Wild, with Karolina S, from Vogue Italia Sep 24.

It's good that Adriana is doing something different, but I wish the story had more energy. The cover (where they've tried to compensate for the low energy with red/pink colours) looks like someone going to the cosmetic clinic, where they've stipulated she must wear no make-up, and she's also chosen to hide her visit with a big hat.

In a way, I buy fashion magazines for fantasy, if I want bare-faced looks, I can have that for free. It's not improving my impression that magazines don't want to make the effort these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->