Vogue France April 2023 : Beyoncé by Louie Banks

Not convinced by her expression there. It lacks impact imo. Barely recognized her and she looks afraid. The background is too white also, I don't like the way it looks like a cutout. On the other hand, I don't mind the outfit, it looks good on the cover.

Wow who would have thought that this edition still has this level of access and/or relevance? I reckon this is a global exclusive for Vogue editions.

Anyway, the cover and styling are mediocre. No effort. Hat =/= chic.

The silhouette is chic, but all else pales in comparison. Even the hands are awkward. Let's not even start with her expression - disinterested and wants to go home.

It's such a fun and campy collection and they decided to go with black and white portraits? It seems unfinished, could've been much better. Perhaps the surreal touch of Elizaveta Porodina, or a Pavarotti colour pop, something to breathe life into this. Because I don't think they achieved what they were going for with this.

And I'm also quite surprised that Vogue France has this sort of pull, although I don't believe they scored this on their own. She already promoted Renaissance in British Vogue once, I guess twice would be an overkill.

I actually like that. Feels very clean and chic.

I love it. It's clean, it's camp, and it's fronted by someone big in the industry.

I feel like Vogue France finally finds its brand after that atrocious
Lily Collins cover. With three global singers in this year's line-up,
their (new) title becomes more visible to the public in a good way.

I wish it was in colour. looks good though.

I rarely want multiple or more than one cover but I’m low-key manifesting for it this time. :magic:

Love Beyonce and excited to see her on tour and while I appreciate the idea behind the project I’m neither convinced by the cover and the collection. That being said, the photography of the lookbook is superior to this cover…

I’m rather confused by this collaboration…
I love Renaissance and It’s such an uplifting album. Olivier was supposedly inspired by the album and he designed silhouettes that barely allows the wearer to move!

I hope he won’t be the only designer of her costumes…

Love Beyonce and excited to see her on tour and while I appreciate the idea behind the project I’m neither convinced by the cover and the collection. That being said, the photography of the lookbook is superior to this cover…

I’m rather confused by this collaboration…
I love Renaissance and It’s such an uplifting album. Olivier was supposedly inspired by the album and he designed silhouettes that barely allows the wearer to move!

I hope he won’t be the only designer of her costumes…

Same same I would be quite disappointed ...

I will second you , as much as I love Beyonce this is not for me something of her level , I don't like the facial expression it does not even look like her and it's so unflattering , Lord pardon me for saying that but all that composition screams Cruella De Vil to me : the pose , the face , the outfit.
I think that Queen Bey weakness is her fashion team or her absolute need to be present in the fashion scene she has the potential but she is no RIhanna or Kanye with her Ivy Park : that is why by the way she is no longer with Adidas , they thought she would be a new cash cow à la Yeezy)
I'm not impress but the looks from this collaboration, the Beychella capsule was nice but this Renaissance Couture? ...
I'm not so sure
She should bring back Zerina Akers , Black is King looks still hit my brain
I will wait to see the ed but I hope to see better shots than this one

I love this, it looks sleek yet at the same time has character. Hopefully the whole editorial is not this clinical aesthetic though, I saw a pic of the both of thm on her IG and it had the same background. This is going to get VF one of their highest engagements on IG so its a coup for them.

Same same I would be quite disappointed ...

I will second you , as much as I love Beyonce this is not for me something of her level , I don't like the facial expression it does not even look like her and it's so unflattering , Lord pardon me for saying that but all that composition screams Cruella De Vil to me : the pose , the face , the outfit.
I think that Queen Bey weakness is her fashion team or her absolute need to be present in the fashion scene she has the potential but she is no RIhanna or Kanye with her Ivy Park : that is why by the way she is no longer with Adidas , they thought she would be a new cash cow à la Yeezy)
I'm not impress but the looks from this collaboration, the Beychella capsule was nice but this Renaissance Couture? ...
I'm not so sure
She should bring back Zerina Akers , Black is King looks still hit my brain
I will wait to see the ed but I hope to see better shots than this one

She needs to fire everybody and works with a fashion editor coming from the fashion industry and not from the entertainment industry.
The key behind the « success » of Rihanna and Kanye in fashion is their association with people within the industry…Similar to what Madonna did years and years before.

I remember Kanye around 2006 coming only with his girlfriend, attending key shows. It sent the message at the time of someone who had a real interest with fashion. Mel Ottenberg did a fabulous job at shaping Rihanna’s fashion persona.

What they did after is continue that legacy with the people they were surrounded with.

Beyonce has constructed a specific fashion image in the first part of her career. She embodied perfectly a certain idea of the fashion of the early 00’s…Versace, Cavalli, Dolce Gabbana…Long hair, flowy dresses, Glamour. That Glamour needed to evolve in a more organic way and it didn’t. We associate her stage persona fashion-wise thanks to the leotards but elsewhere she hasn’t found a way to incarnate in a organic way that « Queen » or « Regal » aesthetic…

As for the flop of her Adidas collab…Rihanna and Kanye flopped too when it comes to clothing. That stuff is meant for the fans anyway. Those fans generally don’t have the money to purchase expensive athleisure from their favorite stars…

Olivier managed to secure the exclusivity for Eugénie so kudos to her.

I don't like Beyonce, i find her annoying....but i lie that her face is almost cover by the hat lol....the crop and angle feels a little unfinished...i assume the masthead is in silver which is ok...her British Vogue cover was better imo....

I do give points to the team for the clean layout but still unfinished...

I'm sure Taylor Swift will appear on some Vogue cover soon....

Beyoncé feels so random for April. Even I'm not a fan, I'm sure she's March/September material.

This cover doesn't fit the Vogue France vibe at all. They've got us used to uninteresting, cheap covers with little-known characters (last three issues), and suddenly Beyoncé pops up. Weird and completely inconsequential.

That's so B! B stands for Bad unfortunately and not for Beyoncé.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->