Vogue France December 2021/January 2022 : Isabelle Huppert by Paolo Roversi

I like the cover, but not excited for the 100s of reprints inside.

It's kinda awful, and they used the exact same font/composition as the last one? At least have a few on rotation like the original VP.

Well I love it, thank you Vogue France for putting our French queen on the cover and sending me this issue for free :lol:

Isabelle's editorial, styled by Jonathan Huguet, is great but there's no mention of this holiday issue being guest edited by her - another huge tradition lost...

The rest of the content includes
a rather long and bland gift editorial photographed by Maciek Pozoga
bijoux editorial photographed by Arnaud Lajeunie
miss Vogue is Miss Belgique this time, with Louise Robert photographed by Marili Andre and styled by Emilie Kareh
Psychedélice - reprint, by Rafael Pavarotti and Kate Phelan
Denim en ville - reprint, by Angelo Pennetta and Julia Sarr-Jamois
Au grand air - reprint, by Oliver Hadlee Pearch and Jane How

^ if you get the chance, please post a few snaps!!

Thank you for the review :heart:

Love Isabelle, but she looks bored half to death on this cover.

^^^It's kind of traditional to have celebrities on the guest edited holiday issue. But it's a shame this is no such issue...

Too many reprints and questionable photographers aside, I find this to be an absolutely beautiful cover. I love the dynamic of the garment and her elegant look.

Well I love it, thank you Vogue France for putting our French queen on the cover and sending me this issue for free :lol:

Isabelle's editorial, styled by Jonathan Huguet, is great but there's no mention of this holiday issue being guest edited by her - another huge tradition lost...

miss Vogue is Miss Belgique this time, with Louise Robert photographed by Marili Andre and styled by Emilie Kareh

The amount of reprints makes me want to cry :cry:. So I think it's official that there is no longer Vogue Big Four.. probably only Vogue US and Vogue UK that matters now, and Vogue China too probably

Thanks for the review....the cover is ok, well deserved...

I understand that tradition change but it's really THAT necessary to include so many reprints? So cover story, beauty, jewels and Mis Vogue are the only original content? even Vogue Spain have more!...

Alt must me laughing now...

Wow, the review sounds really depressing. But I guess this will be the new normal for both Vogue France and Vogue Italia now: original cover story + reprints for the main editorial section. For quiet months, they might even share the same cover subject with the US or UK edition. Let's wait and see what 2022 will bring.

The cover is ok, but I don’t like her facial expression. And is she wearing a hat? Or is that her arm by her face? I don’t get it.

It´s ok imo, I like it. But I´m not excited about it and I guess that those days are over... .

Isabelle on Vogue France feels right but, my God, what on Earth is that Vilmorin dress?! It looks so stiff, like some kind of cheap polyester Halloween witch costume. With all those pieces, it's difficult to tell where Isabelle ends and the dress begins. And then you have her hair and makeup (and expression) which is all so..dull, especially in contrast to the drama of the dress.

That said, she's a beautiful woman and a good cover choice, but this particular dress seems terribly un-photogenic. Thanks for posting @sixtdaily :flower:.

Oh, Isabelle! Finally! As far as I hated the content of their first issue, I must admit I love the cover subjects they chose for the magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->