Vogue France February 2022 : Mika Schneider, Lola Nicon & Malika Louback by Charlotte Wales

Who is the target audience for the content now produced by this title? This magazine has gone from pretending entire sections of society don't exist, to now pretending its previous dedicated readership no longer exists either.

If someone were willing to relaunch a French edition of Bazaar, there might now be a gap in the market for the provision of sophisticated fashion for people who can think and react on an adult level.

If someone were willing to relaunch a French edition of Bazaar, there might now be a gap in the market for the provision of sophisticated fashion for people who can think and react on an adult level.

That would be terrific i hope someone have that initiative to do it a reality...

They don't care about the magazine...now its just an experiment field and not in a good way...no life, no soul...im not asking to re do Carine's or Alt's VP but have a little respect for the legacy and take it to a new level without losing their Dna...they just create contents to get their share of likes and followers...Eugénie is the worst of of the HOC....the magazine looks sloppy...banal and not in the good way either...anyway...i hope the future brings a big tsunami and take away the current team and bring a new one...

Vogue France is dead. 90% of the team that Conde Nast hired care more about being Instagram/TikTok/Twitter famous, and getting free gifts and invitations, than they do about actually putting together an inspiring and interesting magazine. Vogue France is almost like a side hustle for these people to their ambitions of fame and notoriety. They do not care about the history or the legacy of Vogue Paris, it's obvious.

The cover shot of this is so appalling. Looks very haphazardly photographed with some kind of vague intention of evoking a lighthearted atmosphere, but in the end it just looks cheap, cringey, and amateurish. I've seen better and more dynamic imagery photographed backstage at a Chanel show by the staff on their iPhones.

The "styling" is that main editorial is trying so hard to be "cool" that it makes my eyes roll. Seriously, how much more Euphoria-Generation Z-early 2000's aesthetic are we going to be forced to see?. It's so repetitive and redundant at this stage. And in a fashion magazine like Vogue France which is supposed to be leading the way? I don't see anything progressive here. On the contrary I see a very lame reiteration of a popular concept that has been dominating Instagram for the last two years now.

That would be terrific i hope someone have that initiative to do it a reality...

They don't care about the magazine...now its just an experiment field and not in a good way...no life, no soul...im not asking to re do Carine's or Alt's VP but have a little respect for the legacy and take it to a new level without losing their Dna...they just create contents to get their share of likes and followers...Eugénie is the worst of of the HOC....the magazine looks sloppy...banal and not in the good way either...anyway...i hope the future brings a big tsunami and take away the current team and bring a new one...

Eugenié’s under Edward and Anna W’s equity and diversity mantra. Thats why French Vogue is in deep sh*t

Oh my eyes.
me right now lol
my-eyes-oh-my.gif

tenor.com

but seriously, I was expecting there would be a change, but this has got to be one of the worst Vogue covers I have ever seen, easily the worst for this edition of Vogue :(. Fashion has left the chat, now Vogue magazine is trying to cater to and please the new generation of uninspired, easily offended public, hate this

The only decent work is the Adit Adhel ed. They would have made one hell of a cover with the right shot

Who is the target audience for the content now produced by this title? This magazine has gone from pretending entire sections of society don't exist, to now pretending its previous dedicated readership no longer exists either.

Teenagers? Women of color?

It's very sad than Vogue France has become on these days. The glamour of this magazine loses the charm on this transformation.

The cover is very bad, looks like a CD or single cover of a teen band, on this case, the Sugababes.

Yours Zein Instagram

"Let's celebrate *real* DiVerSitY and InCluSiviTY", says beautiful, slim, rich woman living and enjoying the freedoms of Western Democracy, travelling the world in yachts and luxury vehicles for all of her 24 thousand Instagram followers to fawn over. LOL. I can't deal with these performative and woke people anymore. The virtue signalling is so impossibly hypocritical that I can't believe people can't see through it!

"Real Diversity" means a lot more than simply beautiful and wealthy women with tens of thousands of social media followers, regardless of the colour of their skin. "Real " diversity and inclusivity would be welcoming all kinds of voices from all kinds of socio-economic levels and from all kinds of countries, something like National Geographic.

If they are going to genuinely dedicate Vogue France to inclusivity and diversity, as they so loudly and proudly declare, then I look forward to seeing genuine inclusivity and diversity in the magazine. I can't wait to see women from North Korea given a chance to contribute. Or Catholic nuns. Or immigrants living in poverty. Or enslaved women from South East Asia. Or women living and working in Sub-Saharan Africa. Or political and economic refugees.

Is this going to happen? No. Of course not. Vogue France's DiVerSitY and InCLuSiviTy mantra only extends to a very narrow group of people (Case in Point: out of the last 100 posts on Vogue France's Instagram, there were only 6 women pictured of Asian descent. There is even less visibility for South Americans, or South East Asians).

Of course Vogue France is never going to be about genuine inclusivity. How could it be? It's a magazine advertising clothing worth thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars! The raison d'être of this magazine is literally to promote a very curated and aspirational culture that excludes 90% of the population by way of economics. Why would they pretend otherwise? I don't get it. Either embrace what you are or go and work at National Geographic or TIME Magazine. Don't come to a fashion magazine and try to destroy everything it historically stood for just because you want to jump on the woke train and gain popularity points from the Twitter mob.

Yours Zein Instagram

"Let's celebrate *real* DiVerSitY and InCluSiviTY", says beautiful, slim, rich woman living and enjoying the freedoms of Western Democracy, travelling the world in yachts and luxury vehicles for all of her 24 thousand Instagram followers to fawn over. LOL. I can't deal with these performative and woke people anymore. The virtue signalling is so impossibly hypocritical that I can't believe people can't see through it!

Thank you. DiVerSitY and InCluSiviTY in "Fashion" has become such a painful joke.

Purchased this yesterday, purely out of habit. The monochromatic cover does look somewhat better in person but the shared content and total lack of identity inside the magazine is just painful to witness (especially for a diehard Emmanuelle Alt fan here).

At this rate, I very much doubt I will be purchasing Vogue France (ugh) within the next six or so months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->