Vogue France March 2023 : Jisoo by Hugo Comte

and the common people conform with this because they just consume what it's mediatic or hot on social media...so sad....

I don’t think this is about “the common people” consuming or conforming to this because of social media, other than their rabid fans. I highly doubt the "common people" lol care one way or another about this cover.

And why his VI was not that great, and gone worse since the first issue of 2020? Verderi is part of the answear, but he directed that magazine for almost 5 years. I'm not afraid of Farneti at all. Why I should? I won't work for CN, not a journalist, photographer, stylist, etc. I'm no scared of telling the true of those five years.

To be frank, I appreciated the vision of Farneti and Verderi, the latter being a personal favorite of mine among many praised London-based creative directors. However, I couldn't stand the tackiness that Giovanni Bianco brought to the magazine. Therefore, I don't agree with those who view Farneti's VI as a complete disaster, especially since half of the issues he directed were during the pandemic era when most magazines were filled with supermodel selfies anyway. Looking back at the last period of Sozzani's reign, I must admit that it wasn't great either. While she was a goddess in the 90s and early 00s, it's best to forget in my opinion what she delivered in her later years. One, maybe two strong stories per issue, and the rest were filler editorials with cheap clients. People tend to forget this. With that said, I believe CN lacks a clear vision for creating a magazine with strong editorial content. The poor results nowadays are a reflection of the creative direction led by Anna and Edward, and I mostly blame them. I can't wait for their era to be over, and I hope that Vogue won't become completely irrelevant before that happens.

Her 'editorial' its literally 4 photos lol

To be frank, I appreciated the vision of Farneti and Verderi, the latter being a personal favorite of mine among many praised London-based creative directors. However, I couldn't stand the tackiness that Giovanni Bianco brought to the magazine. Therefore, I don't agree with those who view Farneti's VI as a complete disaster, especially since half of the issues he directed were during the pandemic era when most magazines were filled with supermodel selfies anyway. Looking back at the last period of Sozzani's reign, I must admit that it wasn't great either. While she was a goddess in the 90s and early 00s, it's best to forget in my opinion what she delivered in her later years. One, maybe two strong stories per issue, and the rest were filler editorials with cheap clients. People tend to forget this. With that said, I believe CN lacks a clear vision for creating a magazine with strong editorial content. The poor results nowadays are a reflection of the creative direction led by Anna and Edward, and I mostly blame them. I can't wait for their era to be over, and I hope that Vogue won't become completely irrelevant before that happens.
I won't change my opinion about Farneti, even if he makes a better magazine now. What that man did, from my point of view, was criminal. Thank God I'm not the only one that thinks about it. Sadly I reacted late, but you can read most of the comments of the threads of VI under him. And Franca's last issues she did her best when her health started to be worse. I can see since June 2015 VI started its identity crisis because Meisel wanted to work less, but her final year was better than anything produced after her passing. She had Meisel, Lindbergh, Weber, all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to see in the issue other than the cover story and the Miss Vogue edit. The rest are reprints.

After so many years, fianlly Vogue France for the first time put an Asian face on it in its 130 years' history, but in a terrible way by putting a dead face without any modeling potential on it.

Du Juan was the first Asian model on the cover of Vogue Paris/France back in 2005 with Gemma Ward. :flower:

Now that was a cover!!!

Last edited:
^ trust me, even I'm not a fan of VM covers, those has a concept and are true to de identity of Latin America. I agree they need a new creative director/art designer, but it's one of the smallest market for Luxury. They need to be modest and glamorous at the same time. This Vogue France changed its name to represent more the country, but the irony is even if the cover model/talent is from another place, doesn't represent France at all. These covers looks like Edward's rejected or teen idols magazine. It's totally lost. Compare Carine/Alt covers with these. The difference is violent at this point. No respect for the past or legacy of VP. It's okay, put her on the cover, but reflect France on it. Laetitia's cover was the last one to represent their true identity.

In my opinion the cover don't have to represent the country because it will lead to fall into clichés and stereotypes but need to have the french POV. Which this cover and edit lacks.Now almost every content is generic.

When i mentioned VM it's because of the style of the cover and photography...and i'm talking in the good days of VM pre pandemic...

I agree Vogue is lost in general, and hope to find it's way back...

I´m overwhelmed by a sense of loss and sorrow by looking at this issue :cry:

If Farneti were still at Vogue Italia, we'd be seeing issues with content generated entirely by AI, but sold to us as a groundbreaking development that harnesses the power of the future, or whatever Conde Nast script would be rolled out to justify even fewer actual professionals being paid to do a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->