Vogue Hong Kong June 2019 : Irina Shayk by Hugo Comte

Been noticing that their covers are uploaded in the wrong dimension. Whoever is in charge of their marketing/social media accounts must sit down and reorganize.

This cover doesn't work at all. The proportions are off. The angle looks intimidating. The yellow color DOES NOT make sense at all. The shot DOES NOT make sense.

The styling is off. The mood is off. Escape to summer while using a very gloomy photo. Choices.

I thought the same thing too, @[B]aracic[/B] and immediately thought if I was transported back a decade ago, I would've been all over this. I'm not overly keen on the yellow masthead and the fact it's so dark, dull and depressing for a June cover but I can appreciate the whole Meisel-ness of it all.

Hmm I am a bit sceptical but I love Hugo Comte's work, so I will wait for the editorial.

I think with some gloss or a filter it could look more cinematic in the Meisel realm, which would be great. But the first thing I notice when I see this is the problematic hair and makeup.

When I first saw cover I thought why it look so heavy on Irina's face... Then remember most of countries of East Asia like show off more their bone structure/look less round.

But after reading the title It seriously looks like an American Horror Movie... where the house is in the middle of nowhere and Irina is the spirit hauting it.
The clothes help.

Terribly unexciting! Hate the hair in her face.

Any coverline that involves the word “escape” should be inviting. This cover doesn’t scream “look at me!”, it screams “look over there!” instead. Like one literally has to escape when they look at it.

What kind of dungeon she’s in.

It's interesting to the fact that they sued 'Escape to Summer' and everything is pretty gloomy. I love the disconnection and contrast of visual and words that play on this photo. Sometimes summer can be gloomy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldhagfromthefuture
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->