Vogue Italia August 2009 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

constance's ed is quite disappointing... i was waiting for something better. all those colors aren't harmonious, and the styling is just horrible.
but thanks a lot for scanning 17!

this is exactly what i thought when i saw it, i was really surprised to see such job from a great model and a photographer

Okay, my two cents on this:
Cover: :ninja: I just don't get Linda. Sorry. Never have. And never will. And besides her being the model, I'm not particularly fond of the shot itself.
Eniko: she is a bombshell in this! Absolutely fantastic :heart: I have to say that I'm usually not a fan of such "seductive" styled eds but in this one, everything works perfectly well.
Constance: SO happy for her being in VI! But, this should be a beauty-ed? The styling is simply horrible. Same goes for Tanya, I'm happy to see her in this issue but I really don't like the ed. So, overall I have defenitely seen better issues of Vogue Italia.

What a great issue. I'm definitely not a Linda fan, but both her cover and editorial are very strong.
Eniko looks simply amazing. And I love the feeling that the Tanya editorial has. I also like Constance, I love editorials with all those colours.
Thanks for all the wonderful scans.

Diciassette (17) thank you so incredibly much for all the scans. :heart:

Eniko's ed is fantastic.

Third girl from Greg Lotus' editorial (with Tanya and Christina) is Janete Friedrich (orange-haired brazilian girl from One who walked for Rad Hourani FW 09-10). I don't really like Tanya but the three models together perfectly match, all are very special-looking but play with the usual codes of classic beauty here. Probably not the editorial of the century but some details like that are really worth to buy the whole magazine just for it (provided I'm not a fan of Linda at all and I've seen better pieces of Eniko and Constance). Big thanks Diciassette for the scans!

A million thanks to Diciassette (17) for all her scans. I love this entire issue from Linda's dramatic cover to Eniko's enchanting edit.:flower:

Love this issue a lot,maybe the only thing that I'm a bit off is the cover,but the editorials are just awesome!

I really like both the eds with Eniko and Constance.

Linda's edit is stunning, i hate her, so sick of her, but she doesn't look like herself & the pictures are so gorgeous. just..fabulous <3

I love the main editorial. pure Meisel. I only wish it was another model, I really don't like Linda.

Eniko/Sorrenti ed, it's becoming a classic and it's something I would have expected in VP. Eniko is so hot, her body is to die for, it's nice to see something like that in VI.

Greg Lotus' editorial is perfection to me. Of course, the concept has been done so many times before, but it's perfectly executed, the lighting is perfect, you can feel the atmosphere trough the pictures, and I'm so glad to see Tanya. She looks gorgeous in it. I hope she'll get more printworks. We don't see her as much as we used to, unfortunately.

I love Miles Aldridge's photography, but this editorial could have been better, I don't think it's bad. but I'm sure he could have done something so much better out of it. I don't really like Constance though.

Overall, a must-have issue for sure.
Thank you so much Diciassette, you're the queen of italian magazines :flower:

Is there a beauty editorial in this issue though ?

I picked up a copy today and Eniko's editorial is even more alluring in print.
She looks gorgeous, and her body is to-die-for. The cover is even more captivating in print as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->