Vogue Italia December 2023 : Liya Kebede by Campbell Addy

I love it :D the color scheme, the composition, the execution of the theme, Liya... :heart:
(the shoes though but it´s a small detail)

I love Liya, I love the colour red... do I love the sight of her holding a giant set of balls?

Why not, it's Christmas.

Reactions: KoV
Can't say that I love this, but I do like the sight of Liya.

The grey masthead teamed with the red backdrop immediately reminded me of Vogue Italia's January 2003 cover with Elise Crombez by Steven Meisel. This flops in comparison, but at the very least, there's a slight hint of the festive season ahead with the red overload. My world isn't rocked at the sight of this cover but we take what we can get nowadays...

Aside from the red, I don't like this cover. The hairstyle is aging Kebede. She's a beautiful woman but not here. The photograph is nothing special.

I do really like this, its a bit too dark. Hopefully just how it is in image, maybe its brighter in print.

I like it and love the red and the pose but I wish some facial expression was a little more intense.

What a joy to see her the cover of Vogue Italia again. But that hair…

I want to like it, I love the red, but her expression is sucking any energy and/or joy from the photo. Squandered potential.

My digital copy has 208 pages.

Liya's cover story is less abstract than the cover suggests, it's more like a traditional studio shoot. it's followed by the Hopper reprint, then "Contemporary Monuments" which looks like it's the cover story of German Vogue, then Gigi-goes-Grunge from UK Vogue. The hideous squashed clay/melted wax accessories reprint is last in this issue.

There's also a reprint of Alessandro Michele's temple of tat at the front of the issue.

My digital copy has 208 pages.

Liya's cover story is less abstract than the cover suggests, it's more like a traditional studio shoot. it's followed by the Hopper reprint, then "Contemporary Monuments" which looks like it's the cover story of German Vogue, then Gigi-goes-Grunge from UK Vogue. The hideous squashed clay/melted wax accessories reprint is last in this issue.

There's also a reprint of Alessandro Michele's temple of tat at the front of the issue.

Please tell me that they at least published the new Dolce & Gabbana ads... 🤞

I can only recall seeing them in UK Vogue.

Bearing in mind that these are the digital versions of these Vogues as seen through the UK library service, I'll go back in again and look through the pages... no new Dolce & Gabbana in Vogue Italia... not showing in Vogue France either. Nor Spanish Vogue.

UK Vogue - at 346 pages - has so many more ad campaigns than the other editions that I'm able to see (doesn't include US Vogue).

NOTE D'INSIEME
Photography:
Emily Lipson
Styling: Luca Galasso
Hair: Pablo Kuemin
Make-up: Anthony Preel
Models: Alys Hunt, Eva Komuves, Yutong Gu, Minnie Hadley, Honey Ordonez, Merel Roggeveen & Audrey Gabrielle Jean

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

IL MENO POSSIBILE
Photography:
Giampaolo Sgura
Styling: Verity Parker
Hair: Ezio Diaferia
Make-up: Luca Cianciolo
Model: Tanya Churbanova

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads