Vogue Italia February 2023 : Tatjana Patitz by Peter Lindbergh & Elodie by Giovanni Corabi

I actually like both covers. They are simple yet effective

The new cover is passable, but another pop star cover? We used to only get Madonna and Courtney Love from Franca, though Emanuele had some questionable choices like Justin Bieber and Grimes, it’s still pretty much about top models, now we have Rosalia, Maneskin, and Elodie three covers in a row, what a joke.

Who tf is Elodie? All these girls appearing on covers, none making a lasting impression.

Kinda big in Italy....her management forced hersef to be connected to the fashion world....she is not bad and her 2.9 M followers surely are useful to Vogue Italia to reach another demographic....

Kinda big in Italy....her management forced hersef to be connected to the fashion world....she is not bad and her 2.9 M followers surely are useful to Vogue Italia to reach another demographic....
Maybe but I don't think the demographic they are reaching to will do anything other than liking the post with cover or leaving a comment.

The new cover is passable, but another pop star cover? We used to only get Madonna and Courtney Love from Franca, though Emanuele had some questionable choices like Justin Bieber and Grimes, it’s still pretty much about top models, now we have Rosalia, Maneskin, and Elodie three covers in a row, what a joke.
Noticed most of the Vogues put female singers. Billboard magazine at best.

The second cover looks like Vogue Scandinavia minus the Disney font.

Maybe but I don't think the demographic they are reaching to will do anything other than liking the post with cover or leaving a comment.

And i'm sure that's enough for them...

Saw the issue today...cover story with Tajtana is 10 pages (article included)...Cover story with Elodie 8pgs (interview included) ..the rest full of reprints or nothing new...

Flicking through this online, the Elodie cover is my library's version. 192 pgs.

There's an article about how Vogue is an incubator for new photographers, it's interesting to see the newer names gathered together, with examples of their work. However, a lot of the content at the front is reprinted stuff, including the Viv Westwood tribute, and the Duro Olowu and Ralph Lauren features from UK Vogue.

The main editorial section opens with the tribute to Tatjana, through the lens of Peter Lindbergh. The Elodie cover story is next. This is followed by reprints from UK Vogue - the Pavarotti edit, the eyesore one, the Hollywood portfolio, then the art gallery edit from US Vogue, and that's that.

whereas the first cover is a lovely tribute and the second cover is actually OK (even if no one knows who this girl is), these last released pictures…??? did they just screenshot them from her Instagram page? :blink: WTF!

Normcore photography style/aesthetic should stop for good. I'm really tired of only getting glamorous satisfaction from the 4 annual issues of Meisel at British Vogue. The rest of the Vogues (except Portugal, Polska, Korea) are such a non event. Every day it's feels like a desert of fashion here. Only seeing the vintage threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->