Vogue Italia July 2008 : Liya, Sessilee, Jourdan & Naomi by Steven Meisel

NC's cover is beautiful. Im surprised by the cover choices and would have liked to see Alek too.. And totally loving Arlenis right now.

SOMEONE PLEASE! Tell me Kinee Diouf is in here too :unsure::cry::o can anyone make out her name on the list?!

Ummm to me Sesilee is should have not gotten the cover, what has she ever done that is so important.

This is irrelevant when it comes to italia vogue - Meisel likes Sesilee so she gets the cover, simple as that ^_^ Many recent vogue italia covers feature girls who haven't done much top work - or even make their debut with the cover of the magazine. They have a nice mix of girls I feel.

I like all the covers, esp Jourdan + Naomi's

Congratulations to all the girls and to the VOGUE Italia team :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
kinee should definitely be in here! oulichi too! she brings the sexy.

This issue looks very promising!
It will be the first Vogue Italia that I buy. (ebay) lol
Sesilee and Liya look great, Jourdan is stunning and Naomi never does any wrong.
I Love the Tyra photo I hope theres more and I cant wait to see what Chanel brings to the table.

I like the pictures, but it's so basic that it's weird. When was the last time we saw a VI cover/s (it looks like a fold out cover to me) that had basically no overriding artistic theme?

SOMEONE PLEASE! Tell me Kinee Diouf is in here too :unsure::cry::o can anyone make out her name on the list?!
Ooooh,good question! I have to say I haven't been this excited about a damn magazine issue since I was a kid:lol:. I want this issue right now:shock:!

I love liya's cover! and the inside photo with Sesilee smoking that cigarette was beautiful. I thought Chanel would get a cover but i'm just happy to see the issue so far. I wish Sabina was popular enough to be in this issue:blush:

Is there anywhere in Toronto,Canada that sells Vogue Italia?

well, I love all the cover choices, and I love that VI is doing this, and hell yes I ESPECIALLY love seeing my Jourdan placed on par with Naomi and Liya, but come on. those are boring covers. those would be boring covers for US vogue, for VI these are almost criminal.

I like the pictures, but it's so basic that it's weird. When was the last time we saw a VI cover/s (it looks like a fold out cover to me) that had basically no overriding artistic theme?

It does - early 20th century (1930s?) Paris is what it evokes for me.

I blew up the covers 300% - if you squint your eyes you can see them in good quality :P

Sessilee
26367151ig5.jpg

Jourdan
35083131mo7.jpg

Liya
16002140kv7.jpg

Naomi
40944278sf4.jpg

[ontdff]

well, I love all the cover choices, and I love that VI is doing this, and hell yes I ESPECIALLY love seeing my Jourdan placed on par with Naomi and Liya, but come on. those are boring covers. those would be boring covers for US vogue, for VI these are almost criminal.
I can see the point to an extent but when you have such beauty who needs all the theatrics:shifty:?! I sure don't,I'm just glad the covers aren't demeaning or anything like that!

It does - early 20th century (1930s?) Paris is what it evokes for me.

Well of course, there is a styling theme in terms of the clothing choices, and that's definitely in the direction I wanted to see (that is to say, rich and elegant - though they could have gone a lot richer - I personally love the look of lavish jewelry on darker skin).

But I meant in terms of the photography - the inside photos look much better, but the covers are essentially glorified headshots in fancy clothes. I mean - white background, no effects whatsoever, no artistic vision? This doesn't seem Meisely at all; usually you can see his style stamped all over his covers AND editorials.

I'm just glad the covers aren't demeaning or anything like that!
And I mean, why does it have to be dry and a little dull or demeaning? Someone in ontdff said it best: these look like vmag, not VI.

I have to disagree, sethii! I don't even think the pictures are all that great, and we all know that these are four great models, but I can't imagine seeing any of these and feeling interested enough to buy the magazine if I didn't already have a personal interest to buy at least one just to support the idea that black models sell. I MIGHT buy Jourdan's on looks alone, but was that really the best shot Meisel could get of Liya Kebede? she is one of the most stunning women I have ever seen, and that's all?

I understand the Sessilee criticism, but out of the four her cover is the best so I ain't complaining there. I can't wait to see the full issue though. If it is four covers, definitely I am buying the Sessilee and maybe Liya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->