Vogue Italia June 2002 : Raquel Zimmermann by Steven Meisel

ThiagoMello

Reaction score
Cover girl: Raquel Zimmermann
Ph.: Steven Meisel

source | bellazon

Main Editorial:

Editorial: "Knock Out"
Models: Raquel Zimmermann and Michelle Alves.
Photographer: Steven Meisel

Scanned by ironbed

Horrible, thanks for posting though I was interested to see the editorial to the cover. The cover looks okay but pale red-haired Raquel is just not the Raquel I like. In fact both er Vogue Italia covers don't do her justice.

Oh I remember this cover.. never a fan of Meisel but this was hipnotising for me to some degree in that time, perhaps because I wasn't remotely demanding of publications and had zero access to anything that wasn't US Vogue as I do now, so seeing this was rather intriguing in my eyes. I remember this didn't mean all that much for Raquel's career as she went slightly off the radar shortly after this, I thought it was over for her.. opening Prada in 2004 really took things to a whole new level, it finally established her as a serious and permanently in-demand model, I don't think many people remember that.. they think covers like this have been a constant in her career and despite not being a huge fan, I look at this and it reminds me that the road has been long for her to achieve the status she's enjoying now.. she was hardly instant success despite landing amazing gigs like this one, I pretty much placed her next to Tetyana.. the kind of girl you see in every show and every magazine but when she goes away, you don't really notice.. I'm glad Raquel has gone beyond that and proved the opposite in the last few years. /raquel-loving moment. :lol:

Thanks for the thread, Thiago, it'd be nice to see what else was featured in this issue. ^_^

Love both the cover and the ed. Raquel is strongggg..

:buzz: absolutly fantastic, Raquel looks great with Red hair.

The ed reminds me so much of Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tourbook :unsure:

didn't know this editorial existed of raquel, proves she was already great at what she does back then!

Oh I remember this cover.. never a fan of Meisel but this was hipnotising for me to some degree in that time, perhaps because I wasn't remotely demanding of publications and had zero access to anything that wasn't US Vogue as I do now, so seeing this was rather intriguing in my eyes. I remember this didn't mean all that much for Raquel's career as she went slightly off the radar shortly after this, I thought it was over for her.. opening Prada in 2004 really took things to a whole new level, it finally established her as a serious and permanently in-demand model, I don't think many people remember that.. they think covers like this have been a constant in her career and despite not being a huge fan, I look at this and it reminds me that the road has been long for her to achieve the status she's enjoying now.. she was hardly instant success despite landing amazing gigs like this one, I pretty much placed her next to Tetyana.. the kind of girl you see in every show and every magazine but when she goes away, you don't really notice.. I'm glad Raquel has gone beyond that and proved the opposite in the last few years. /raquel-loving moment. :lol:

Thanks for the thread, Thiago, it'd be nice to see what else was featured in this issue. ^_^

ahaha my thoughts exactely but not on Meisel lol coz I love the way he takes fashion picturesB)

Am I the only one who thik that Raquel looks like Avril Lavigne on the cover? :lol: Anyway, I really like it

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #622
Stylist: Lori Goldstein
Model: Raquel Zimmermann
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Jimmy Paul

Knock Out
Stylist: Lori Goldstein
Models: Raquel Zimmermann & Michelle Alves
Make-Up: Pat McGrath