Vogue Italia June 2008 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

It's not Linda's age, it's just "her" - vacant, dumb-looking, same old mouth-slightly-parted-doe-eye expression....bad in the 90s and bad today. :yuk: My preferred regal older model would be Christy Turlington. I think she has more character and more soul.

This emptiness in Vogue Italia I think is the problem of all the Vogues - put a model bent over (like with a stomach-ache) in "haut couture"-looking clothes in a garden of some aristocratic mansion with a big flower in the bouffant hair, voila, Vogue!

Put 8 of these same models in the same mansion on the cover with a double spread - Voila! A Vogue Extravaganza!

Pity as Vogue Italia is the most daring of them all.

There's much more excitement elsewhere, Numero, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Linda's editorial, the cover is boring though. I agree, that it does look like a bad Ralph Lauren ad. But her editorial is really nice. I didnt like this issue too much, didnt pick it up at the newsstand.

I just realized that I have so rarely seen a pic of Linda with her mouth closed.

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #694
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Andrew Richardson
Set Design: Mary Howard
Model: Linda Evangelista
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido

The Duchess Linda Evangelista
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Andrew Richardson
Set Design: Mary Howard
Model: Linda Evangelista
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido

Source: Vogue Italia Archive

Bump!

After a total of eleven years, I can finally say that I own this issue! I distinctly remember seeing this issue when it was out back in 2008 and putting it back on the shelf to save myself for the upcoming black issue, which we'd already seen on the forums by the time this issue had arrived in the UK.

What on earth was I thinking? This is total gem of an issue, purely based off Meisel's cover feature alone - could stare at Linda emulating a wealthy New York socialite for hours. The editorial is pure perfection, from the pleasure of witnessing Linda's stellar modeling ability to the decadent surroundings of the location and the styling from Andrew Richardson to the addition of the pugs.

This issue is, unfortunately, a far cry from what we're now reduced to with Vogue Italia in 2019. A real shame - but at the very least we're fortunate enough to look back and reflect on the good old days, right?

Ahh, the good old Vogue Italia. Missing all of this today, from Linda and Steven to glamour and high fashion! In honor of this delightful bump, here's the textless editorial in high quality from my files... enjoy it! :flower:

12.jpg
04.jpg

flickr

Ahh, the good old Vogue Italia. Missing all of this today, from Linda and Steven to glamour and high fashion! In honor of this delightful bump, here's the textless editorial in high quality from my files... enjoy it! :flower:

12.jpg
04.jpg

flickr

wow... thank you

Did u get access artandcommerce archive website?

Aracic, some of the pictures are only thumbnails and some have a watermark. Do have it clean? Thank you :flower::flower::flower:

Aracic, some of the pictures are only thumbnails and some have a watermark. Do have it clean? Thank you :flower::flower::flower:

Oh, sorry about that! I never noticed. Thanks for bringing my attention to those watermarks. Here's the clean version:

personal collection

Oh, sorry about that! I never noticed. Thanks for bringing my attention to those watermarks. Here's the clean version:

Thank you a lot. You're amazing! A huge hug from Argentina :winkiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->