Vogue Italia June 2009 : Meghan Collison by Steven Meisel

I love love the ed and cover!! cant wait to see the HQs

A truly beautiful cover. And I'm happy to see three fresh new Swedes made it to the editorial accompanying the cover....but, that said, Anne de Rijk seems to steal the show. What a steely gaze and the jawline :shock: Like a more versatile Tasha T.

Doesn't she? Anna certainly delivers here :heart:

And I already feel that the cover is swiftly growing on me...I thought it was an ok B- a few hours back, but I think I'm at B+ already. The ed is definetly A++ already...

And about Meghan, it's a great misconception that Meisel is the only one who loves her, indeed. But that happens a lot with photographers/clients who get big time first dibs on any girl. People still think Sasha has only done Prada in her life, so....

the cover is very 80 and veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Burdin this important to say , i like no killerme original not previsible yes! nothing new but good only good Meisel repeat much the style .

Oh I don't know. Bourdin never shot a regular party scene to my knowledge. Very weird parties - all alone, with roses in your crotch, lost in the woods....that sort of scene, but never the honest to god Factory scene. I think, probably, what is Bourdin here is the make-up, and still, that was the make-up du jour in 1976-1980. Bourdin was fond of it, yes, more fond of it than Newton, Feurer, Elgort or Reinhardt. But von Wangenheim, Watson, Lutens or Lamy were pretty big on this make-up as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I like it. But I can't help it just reminds me of those pictures:

yupsterism

Somehow the black thing is fitting considering that this is Vogue Italia, but it's not intended to be racist, just the only image I found at the moment.
Usually there is something or someone creepy in the background.

Another exaple would be the infamous pedobear :ninja:

ratemymotivational

Ah, ok...I was having some vintage Rykiel ads as closest previous images.

These are the ones that came to my mind....published in Vogue Paris, 1975, scanned by me.

Attachments

• vogue_paris_august_1975__jchloesm.jpg
    vogue_paris_august_1975__jchloesm.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 25
  • vogue_paris_august_1975__rykielsm.jpg
    vogue_paris_august_1975__rykielsm.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 30
The concept of the cover is very interesting. The picture used is very nice. The rest of the ed is very good as well. Great cast!

The more i look at the cover, the more i appreciate its boldness.I mean what other Vogue would dare to go there and publish a cover like this?Its usually anniversary issues, i bet other eic's would be terrified to put out a June cover that is not consumer appealing at all, but that some people who appreciate fashion would like.

^I agree I agree I agree.
And I totally thinks thats what sets VI apart from it's siblings.
The magazine knows that it's an incredible fashion magazine,
and it caters to those who are in love with it.
They haven't gone commercial.

^^^ totally agree, they continually surprise and excite me..... I have a pile of old vogue Italias that still inspire me, still look fresh after 10 years!

I absolutely detest the [tiny] cover image being inside a black box. Its more annoying than Vogue Nippon and their letters-covering-faces!! :lol: :innocent:

Besides that, it's far too 80's for my taste. I don't know why people insist on it [the 80's as inspiration], and I would have expected Steven Meisel to go against the grain, you know?

I'm looking forward to a Vogue Italia where I'm shocked and amazed by the content ie. Rehab Issue or Plastic Surgery Issue

Right now, I feel Vogue Italia is becoming a bit generic, with its content. It needs to do something exciting to keep me interesed. What do you guys think? :unsure:

I love Meghan and have been waiting a couple months for her to get this, but Meisel has to burden her with this terrible format and a dead editorial.

Seriously I believe Meisel doesn't care about talented models anymore. Anja, Chanel, Karlie (in recent months) Lakishmi, Liu are all put to the left for some dull dull dull 15 year old sexed up girls who won't last longer than 5 minutes in the industry.

It just really s*ts me up the wall.

And the rest of the review seems boring.

The cover is interesting, great for Meghan to be chosen :wink:
I'm not impressed by the rest of the concept, this doesn't look like Vogue Italia to me, no classicism, no elegance....Oh my :rolleyes:

After returning at last season's top runway shows, Meghan is officially back! Thanks to his fairy godfather Steven Meisel! yeay!!! I won't be surprised if Meghan will pop out on future Prada ads or whatever Meisel does.

The more i look at the cover, the more i appreciate its boldness.I mean what other Vogue would dare to go there and publish a cover like this?Its usually anniversary issues, i bet other eic's would be terrified to put out a June cover that is not consumer appealing at all, but that some people who appreciate fashion would like.

^I agree I agree I agree.
And I totally thinks thats what sets VI apart from it's siblings.
The magazine knows that it's an incredible fashion magazine,
and it caters to those who are in love with it.
They haven't gone commercial.

Agree.

Dying of suspense: when is someone going to be able to scan this for all of us hungry tfsers!

The cover looks pretty nice from the preview but this cast does nothing for me

I will never be a fan of Meghan's, she looks too much like a chimpanzee imo, but I have to admit she's looking quite good on the cover. Although I find the black box thing totally pointless, which I guess means I don't appreciate fashion. Steven's model choices don't excite me as usual, but it's nice to see Malgosia and Abbey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->