Vogue Italia June 2024 : Hunter Schafer by Ethan James Green

Yeah.. it's pretty bad. The only interesting shots from the whole story are the ones with the milk :lol:

Instantly reminded me of a Vogue Italia from a bygone era turns out just like everyone else it was the Snejana Vogue. Only that Sneja's is well executed with great composition and photography. Maybe if Hunter's was cropped differently it would have worked.

Editorials like this prove that Ethan isn't all we want him to be. He may be good at ripping off a good studio immitation of Meisel, but he still doesn't have the wit and grit to make his work stand out on its own. This is a bland story at best.

I don't mind the Snejana cover reference since it is one of my favorite covers ever, and I adore Hunter. Besides, it is quite clear for a while now that EJG is a Meisel copycat without the genius, subtlety, and wit. But it is also interesting, especially for us who grew up witnessing Meisel golden years, to reach a point where his work is being so literally referenced. A little bit like how Meisel himself would reference masters in his own work. It is a full-circle moment-ish. + At a time when Hollywood is obsessed with all these archive pieces and the early to mid-2000s period. I am sure his work is on many mood boards.

What I find really annoying, though, is the styling. It looks so cheap and literal... why those sunglasses??

The editorial, is a bit more promising than the cover since it tries to at least tell a different story, so I guess the cover choice was clearly a deliberate reference. Bu I honestly do not undrstand at all what is the narrative they were trying to tell here... I am really happy for Hunter and Dara . I think they are a really great team, but this is such a lackluster execution. And we have here another example of mabe someone is a great red carpet stylist.. doesnt mean it they are a great editorial storyteller. Also EJG photography is really poor here. Bare minimum...

The cover is striking and beautiful. The editorial really works for me because the photographs are interesting. I definitely see references to Meisel's past work for Vogue Italia but they all work. I love the references and nostalgia.

I would love to see the actual Snejana back on the cover of any magazine. She should be working now like most of the top models from the 2000s. I don't get why her career got frozen. I don't see her since the catwalk issue of VI in 2010. Her look, skills and attitude are so iconic (and she deserves to be called like that). Some of you ask to see Ethan bringing Snejana again. It can't be that hard!

It's cute and all, but Snejana's cover is too iconic to be referenced so literally. Just looks like a bad copy.

I am just going to say this
Dara is not a good stylist, in fact she's terrible
The cover is okay but the inside looks like some Corinne Day ripped off styling
I know she's buddy with Ethan for years and styles Hunter
but Hunter is better with Law Roach

I don't mind the Snejana cover reference since it is one of my favorite covers ever, and I adore Hunter. Besides, it is quite clear for a while now that EJG is a Meisel copycat without the genius, subtlety, and wit. But it is also interesting, especially for us who grew up witnessing Meisel golden years, to reach a point where his work is being so literally referenced. A little bit like how Meisel himself would reference masters in his own work. It is a full-circle moment-ish. + At a time when Hollywood is obsessed with all these archive pieces and the early to mid-2000s period. I am sure his work is on many mood boards.

What I find really annoying, though, is the styling. It looks so cheap and literal... why those sunglasses??

The editorial, is a bit more promising than the cover since it tries to at least tell a different story, so I guess the cover choice was clearly a deliberate reference. Bu I honestly do not undrstand at all what is the narrative they were trying to tell here... I am really happy for Hunter and Dara . I think they are a really great team, but this is such a lackluster execution. And we have here another example of mabe someone is a great red carpet stylist.. doesnt mean it they are a great editorial storyteller. Also EJG photography is really poor here. Bare minimum...

Hunter looks great on the red carpet and events *usually*
But two third of the time she's in full look Prada runway and always wears the hair the same, so begs the question is Dara a great stylist?
I say decent but great; even Hunter's best look the Ann Dem white feather one is Law Roach's work

Here's my last comment on this disastrous editorial by Dara and Ethan as they wasted Hunter's beauty!!

To quote Grace Coddington in September Issue:
"You have to have that fashion story, you know, spots or stripes or full skirts or straight skirts or whatever it is."

This Vogue Italia editorial is all over the place, one minute you're some weird showgirl waiting at home with this strange headdress, then you're a minimalist all-white, then you're a Hunger Games District 1 citizen of Panem answering an iPhone? At least give me a Swarovski or whatever special phone case. What is the fashion theme here? What is the story? There is none. This looks terrible compared to Franca’era and the bar is extremely low here. The End.

I would love to see the actual Snejana back on the cover of any magazine. She should be working now like most of the top models from the 2000s. I don't get why her career got frozen. I don't see her since the catwalk issue of VI in 2010. Her look, skills and attitude are so iconic (and she deserves to be called like that). Some of you ask to see Ethan bringing Snejana again. It can't be that hard!
He should bring back the real Snejana. Like with Agyness the editorial looked good, even if it was a copy.

Sometimes the subject makes it all. Meisel’s new models fall flat for me.

He should bring back the real Snejana. Like with Agyness the editorial looked good, even if it was a copy.

Sometimes the subject makes it all. Meisel’s new models fall flat for me.
I was a big big fan of Snejana but she has so much work done to her face, which is why no proper comeback
Carine tried bringing her back at the amfAR 2 years ago, just look at her face :shock:

snejana-onopka-75th-cannes-film-festival-amfar-gala-2022-auction-cannes-france-26th-may-2022-p...jpgsnejana-onopka-75th-cannes-film-festival-amfar-gala-2022-auction-cannes-france-26th-may-2022-p...jpg1203315-cae52832cf3f1b96a05b0feca20c4ed0.jpg

Hunter seems to be what used to be defined as a runway girl not an editorial one. She looks rather weak here and the mouth open on the cover just transforms so much tension at the T zone of her face which is quite unfortunate imo.

Meiselverse, love it! Never thought that concept. I would love to read a book about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HigthaVandah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->