Vogue Italia June 2024 : Hunter Schafer by Ethan James Green

...what beauty do you all speak of? i'm so confused. this is a disjointed sharp elf with a deer caught in headlight look. what's striking is how unoriginal and incoherent (as well as pretentious) this joke of an editorial is.

everything about this is forced and inferior - a true parody of effortless, proficient take on true etherial bohemia. EJG needs to work on a signature that is more significant than being a lazy copy of a master. have some pride about your work.

you cannot fake talent be it the "model" in question, the "stylist" on set, or the "photographer" behind the lens. the standards of VI are so low it's not shocking anymore, it's borderline offensive.

Agree. ...But curbing your standards in these dire fashion times make this a tolerable effort: We’re not in Franca’s Vogue anymore. It’s a decent shoot and editorial: Rich textures, solid lighting, and decent styling, and passably interesting compositions that produces a tepidly charming lazy-summer-weekend-at-the-cottage story. By no means is it a memorable shoot, but there’s effort by her and Ethan and the team to offer something beyond an InsatGallery. And sadly and hilariously, that’s actually an above and beyond of an effort for Vogues these days. The cover select unfortunately, is the epitome of derp.

(BTW, it’s depressing to see what Italian Vogue has become. Haven’t looked at it a while and that makes the reality even sadder at its current state; it’s no longer this celebratory, vibrant, joyful, and eclectic ode to high fashion and high design of yesteryear. It’s a timid, polite, consumer rag that’s tediously reminding and lecturing to the reader how inclusive it is-- while peddling offensively overpriced merch. Even Emanuel’s Vogue had a semblance of high fashion backbone compared to this local community 156pg pamphlet.)

Vogue Italia June 24.jpg
1 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg2 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg3 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg4 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg5 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg6 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg7 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg8 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg9 Vogue Italia June 24.jpg
Vogue Italy June 2024

Last edited:
The digital edition is showing 156 pages.

The main editorial section:

- Opens with the cover story, which wasn't the worst Vogue cover that I saw released on that particular day;
- Then it's Kendall's reprinted US Vogue cover story;
- An interview/shoot with Laura Pausini, done in b/w;
- There's a short shoot about hair weaving/beading;
- Then a reprint of the Vogue España cover story with Jill Kortleve and Rosalieke.

THE END

If I'd never seen any of the reprinted editorials before, I'd probably think this was a nice summer issue.

Agree. ...But curbing your standards in these dire fashion times make this a tolerable effort: We’re not in Franca’s Vogue anymore. It’s a decent shoot and editorial: Rich textures, solid lighting, and decent styling, and passably interesting compositions that produces a tepidly charming lazy-summer-weekend-at-the-cottage story. By no means is it a memorable shoot, but there’s effort by her and Ethan and the team to offer something beyond an InsatGallery. And sadly and hilariously, that’s actually an above and beyond of an effort for Vogues these days. The cover select unfortunately, is the epitome of derp.

(BTW, it’s depressing to see what Italian Vogue has become. Haven’t looked at it a while and that makes the reality even sadder at its current state; it’s no longer this celebratory, vibrant, joyful, and eclectic ode to high fashion and high design of yesteryear. It’s a timid, polite, consumer rag that’s tediously reminding and lecturing to the reader how inclusive it is-- while peddling offensively overpriced merch. Even Emanuel’s Vogue had a semblance of high fashion backbone compared to this local community 156pg pamphlet.)

View attachment 1274808
View attachment 1274809View attachment 1274810View attachment 1274811View attachment 1274812View attachment 1274813View attachment 1274814View attachment 1274815View attachment 1274816View attachment 1274817
Vogue Italy June 2024
Those trimmed eyebrows are giving me anxiety

After those two massively underwhelming Bella Hadid and Irina Shayk covers, this feels like a sight for sore eyes. I don't mind the recreation of the Snejana Onopka cover from August 2005. Nothing will ever compare to the brilliance of Franca Sozzani's tenure but this feels like a nice attempt at recreating some of that old-school Vogue Italia magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->