Vogue Italia March 2024 : Taylor Russell by Paolo Roversi

The cover is beautiful, I love the monochromatic theme, the photography and font, it's kind of ethereal and it had a lot of potential. However, I fail to understand why in the last years (maybe since the pandemic) stylists are so hellbent to show as little clothes as possible and to show as much skin as acceptable. I know sex sells and I have nothing against nudity or sexiness, but fashion magazines are there to show fashion, actual clothes, however, now they become a more refined form of Sports Illustrated or even Playboy.

I'm not seeing anything about this cover that would fit into the "sex sells" cliche.

It's been a long while since I've seen any fashion imagery that successfully sold me sex.

I'm not seeing anything about this cover that would fit into the "sex sells" cliche.
She's literally not any wearing clothes, just with a coat covering her front. Maybe it doesn't fit into the 'sex sells' cliché (like I said before, it's a more refined version of it), but my main complaint is that a big part of fashion editorials/covers nowadays barely show us clothes (and I see a lot of editorials every single day in order to say this). Isn't the point of a fashion magazine to sell you clothes? I wish stylists would be more creative, but showing as much skin as possible all the time is just lazy. And yes, nudity sells.

It's been a long while since I've seen any fashion imagery that successfully sold me sex.
I think sexiness should always be welcome in fashion, but it's amusing how some actually put extra effort in missing the point I am trying to make.

Making the extra effort to say the digital issue seems to have 254 pages, seems around the standard for March Euro Vogues.

There are some reprints from UK Vogue at the front of the issue, Campbell Addy's edit with Adut, and the mothers-with-children one. Theres an edit shot by Luca Campri with Felice Nova Noordhoff which might be original content.

The main editorial section has the cover story, then the Miuccia Prada/Gigi reprint from US Vogue, plus reprints of women-designing-women and the Delphine Arnault interview. Then a reprint of Pavarotti's most recent edit from UK Vogue, and a reprint of the Emily Ratajkowski 'big bags' story, followed by a shoe/accessory shoot, and that's it.

I just saw the issue at the supermarket....the covers story is meh...the bad wig is very distracting in almost all the pictures...the felice nova story is ok but forgettable....

Taylor
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Styling: Vanessa Reid
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make Up: Lauren Parsons
Nails: Lora De Sousa
Model: Taylor Russell

Vogue Italia Digital

Sei Chiara Come L'Alba
Photographer: Luca Campri
Styling: Elizabeth Fraser - Bell
Hair: Pier Paolo Lai
Make Up: Adrien Pinault
Model: Felice Nova Noordhoff

Vogue Italia Digital

The opening shot of Felice’s editorial is beautiful!

In order to sell sex, one has to have sex appeal and that is a commodity that most fashion models of this current era are in short supply of. Everyone in this generation fools themselves into thinking beauty and sex appeal is egalitarian, but it most certainly isn’t.

I can’t believe Roversi shot this.

Felice’s editorial is good with some great shots such as that lavender sunset, the red almost smudged lipstick one and the last shot with the white hat.

I'm able to appreciate the minimalism, even more so after the eyesore of that awkward February cover with the next generation of Italian models. This cover image isn't exactly anything groundbreaking, but it's easy enough on the eye that I am simply unable to criticize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->