Vogue Italia September 2010 : Miranda Kerr by Steven Meisel

i agree it's not the typical couture ed, but it's the first time i see this kind of ed from Walker, usually is the dreamy fairytale kind, but i like this a lot. Malgosia looks gorgeous, and i love the MqQueen.
Ai's ed is fantastic, i love the mood in it, very icy and dark, i wish it was longer, maybe another 10 pages, and imo it's better than the main ed.
Kristin editorial is a dream, a gasped when i saw it in print.:heart:

if anybody wants to know, the magazine has 504 pages, the couture supplement 168, and the jewellery supplement(magazine) has 384 pages, quite a heavy issue!:woot:

Model Alana Zimmer / Ford
Photographer Greg Lotus
Fashion editor Giovanna Battaglia
Makeup Robin Schoen for Urban Decay at Utopia
Hair Max Pinnell for Bumble and bumble
Manicure Michina Koide for Minx
Prop stylist Mark Chandler at Art Department
Seat
Bridge Props, Brooklyn NY.
Source: fordmodelsblog

az100_org81.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

[giampaolosgura.blogspot.com]
PS: In total there are 65 shots like this inside the magazine including a quarantine with different models!

Those are great, minus the Penn rip off. (Second shot from #306)

The dog on the cover seen in 3D gives me the creeps.

Kristen's ed alone makes this worth buying, but Ai and Malgosia's are an added special bonus :D

^ My thoughts exactly. I got this issue and found only the three make it worth buying.
The Unique supplement is even better than the main issue, even though there are only three eds as usual. Especially Malgosia's was fun and brilliant.

The main issue is incredibly boring except Ai's ed. I felt like Vogue Gioiello and Accessories were to make up for the weak main issue. I really don't need them as supplement and I didn't buy VI to get them. I truly hope to see many good eds in Vogue Italia AGAIN.

This issue is a purchase and a half. The weight is every magazine buyers dream, its so heavy.
The 3D effect is terrific in real. It adds a whole new dimension to appreciating the content. Miranda looks phenomenal.
I always enjoying looking through the Vogue Talents supplement, I find it rather inspiring. The Accessory supplement is a good look through too.

HQ Cover and Supplements:

*scans by vogue28

I don't get why people are so excited with this heavy stuff. Let's be real, only 3/4 (or less) of this package is editorial content, the rest is pure marketing, and I would be pleased if the editors of this magazine would come up with exciting material instead. I don't give a d*mn about all these irrelevant supplements!
Franca please stop to entertain us with straw and concentrate on keeping the quality level we were accustomed to...

^Thank you! 90% of the time my supplements go straight into the garbage. I would care about the thickness of magazines if it meant there was worthwhile content, but often there isn't. I'd seriously rather buy a thin magazine with a lot of content and few ads versus a large magazine with more ads than content.

Vogue Italia finally turned up in my store today, and never in my life have I seen so much content in one 'issue' - though as Pedro points out, it's more like a value bag of magazines of various merit.

However, my main issue suffered from a deep crease radiating all the way through from the front cover - as if someone had folded it in half and stood on it - so there's no point holding onto that section for the future. It's probably something that happened during the packaging stage, but it's hard to get a decent 3D effect from Miranda's cover when the San Andreas fault is already running down her face.

Her editorial inside was rather nice in the end, although I just got weird colours and slight glare from viewing it through the glasses. But if this decades-old effect is supposed to be the future, then I might as well own a pair of Vogue Italia 3D glasses. No doubt the Vogue Paris equivalent would be a pair of X-ray specs enabling you to see everyone in the nude. Which would only come with the issues on sale in France.

I guess I've been fulfilled with Vogue Italia's material this year. So it was nice to enjoy some bulk - since its a September issue.
Personally I wouldn't call the supplements irrelevant either. I paid £9 for this issue, and 5 supplements didn't go a miss. They are good for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->