Vogue Italia September 2010 : Miranda Kerr by Steven Meisel

:( I would so love to see this PROPERLY in 3D but...I can't.

3D never works that well for me, I don't progress beyond seeing fuzzy layers that don't fit together, as if my mind can't accept the illusion. I get a bit of depth in places, but nothing that makes it worth the while. It's like looking at an unfinished drawing where some corners have come alive, but most of it is still a flat page.

As for the cover shot, it's not really a vision of femininity as much as it's a sea of beige. I don't mind that, or the sight of Miranda... but I could do without the dog. In real life, I've never met a dog that I didn't like, but in terms of aesthetics alone, it wouldn't be my choice. But I get to look at shelties all day long, so I'm spoiled.

I can't wait to see the supplement though, and what the mood is on that. I find I usually enjoy the supplement much more than the main issue, because it's where the more experimental stuff is found. The flamboyance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprise, surprise she's wearing Prada:

Source: style.com

Attachments

• 00150m.jpg
    00150m.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 9
boring, uninspired blah.

Looks like a 17 magazine editorial shot, not even worthy of the cover.

Very disappointed at this. What is this exactly? How do you follow last month with this? :blink:
It's like when your favorite band releases a stellar album, then follows it with absolute crap in comparison. This is all very tongue-in-cheek.

Well... the 3D idea is quite innovative of course, but honestly, I totally don't care for 3D. The cover looks like it was made this (read:boring) way, beause they hope everyone loves 3D and it will be enough to make everyone excited and enough to make up for that piece of boredom.

May be it's not the 'real' cover, Miranda and Frankie look gorgeous but may be there's another cover?

How the hell do you go from something with such a strong social message like "water and Oil" to shopping around with my puppy?????....Meisel is back to being bland, so bad...

This is so lame. The 3D doesn't fit the content of the piece. The cover looks like some People Magazine/Parade Magazine celebrity fluff piece and the ed is typical GQ sex kitten stuff.

It's as if Meisel didn't even try to make the shoot interesting because he knew they were doing the 3d gimmick. Why actually make a decent editorial when you can jump on a trendy bandwagon to get people to buy the issue? The 3D is just going to be t*ts.

It's Saturday night, and I'm sitting here, wondering if I really want to see Miranda's t*ts in 3D. Certainly, some might - but I'm only thinking of myself. Because to think of others is to start imagining a 3D magazine universe with endless editorials of Lara and Eniko in the nude, and people rushing home to cut holes in the page.

This cover reminds me of when Gisele wouldn't go anywhere without Vida - another Yorkshire Terrier - who must be a venerable age by now.

:clap: The cover is so cute, love it!
BTW, if you are trying to browse tfS secretly at school, do not read a thread title and go "No way!" out loud:doh:

I said what the actual :censored: and gave my friend that look like Regina George when she found out Janis Ian was nominated for Spring Fling Queen.
I love having the September issues of VI but when Meisel puts people I don't like on the cover I don't buy it no matter how good the rest of it may be.

OK you guys i know the cover might seem very plain and boring but you gotta see it in 3D to appreciate it a little more! :woot: I just put on some 3D glasses (courtesy of the new A|X ads in my Sept. GQ) and I must say the dog is the star of that cover! He pops out completely and looks too adorable that you almost believe Miranda is just a prop of sorts! :lol: But that is were the interest for any of this (thus far) ends. I'm curious to see the rest of the issue before I completely brush this off as plain and boring.

You must give Meisel a little bit of credit though. The man always captures what is going on in the world of pop culture and put his own spin on it. Featuring 3D editorial is his take on all the 3d hype you see with these blockbuster hit movies nowadays i suppose. It's not all original but very much relevant.

Miranda actually looks really good here but as always there are 42859 models who would have looked better. It's like they were intentionally going for something really commercial instead of just attempting a classic cover and ending up with something dull. They've got a commercial face smiling sweetly and they even managed to squeeze an adorable little puppy onto the cover, it's like the exact opposite to the august cover.

There's almost an 80's Brooke Shields vibe to it, I love it.

It's Saturday night, and I'm sitting here, wondering if I really want to see Miranda's t*ts in 3D. Certainly, some might - but I'm only thinking of myself. Because to think of others is to start imagining a 3D magazine universe with endless editorials of Lara and Eniko in the nude, and people rushing home to cut holes in the page.

This cover reminds me of when Gisele wouldn't go anywhere without Vida - another Yorkshire Terrier - who must be a venerable age by now.

Jajajaja... wonder the same.
you made my day with the 3D t*ts comment.:lol:
jajajajajajaja

3D t*ts - hahaha

Well I'll reserve judgement till I see it but it seems rather gimicky.

Vogue Italia looks so old these days. Time for a shake up.

Miranda actually looks quite decent on this cover, i don't get the hate but i suppose it's because
i'm just apathetic to anything by VS models this season. though i reckon i would've liked it better
if that pooch was the only one on the cover. but i jest. hope the content's good for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->