Vogue Italia September 2011 : Stella Tennant by Steven Meisel

this almost looks like an Another Magazine cover, or something from Dazed & Confused, which makes it a spectacular image for a September issue for me. it's as if Tim Burton went on a trip to Japan, shacked up with a horticulturist, had a daily binge on Japanese horror films, and this shot was the result :lol:

i've never been too keen on Stella and Meisel has bored me to tears with his last few editorials but this is quite a good collaboration i'm seeing. it's great when a September issue makes you very much anticipate the actual content, as opposed to the number of ad pages with the content as an afterthought.

Love at first sight. Scissors, nose ring, ridiculous waist - all in the most elegant cutting off the dead wood style. And the utmost sense of pitiying dread in her eyes. Ah, September, I love you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha did not expect this for September, but i love it, love her, and love this look on her.

I really like the cover eventhough the tree branch over her head kind of annoys me.It has a Tim Burtton/Japanese gothic cover which is not seen in magazines very often.I'm happy that it's not a studio shoot and most importantly that it's not one of the many blunt newbies Meisel seems to like these days.Can't wait also fot the Couture supplement.

:clap: I just squealed when I saw the cover, she looks majestic! Finally, after a few anonymous ones, Vogue Italia delivered another great cover! Love it :heart:

love the use of avant-garde adjective, with a (outrageously tiny) waist that is emblematic of arrière-garde fashion ...
is avant-garde equal a mixing of different extreme style ?

waiting to see the entire editorial, and other ones ...

Well the cover was great but what really attract me is " Avant-Garde" word I just can't wait how it's like inside this issue.

I love it. Great setting and overall look.

I sort of like it, suppose the cover will look better in print. Its definitely haunting and intriguing. I certainly didn't expect Stella to be on the cover but that's what I like about Vogue Italia, sometimes never knowing who might show up next. Her waist is kind of concerning me though, perhaps post production is to blame?

This is UGLY!
Everything abou it just turns me off of the prospect of purchasing this issue just based on the cover alone. I hope the content is better.

Yawn. Stella? I'm so bored by her.
Alright cover.
There better be great editorials to compensate for such a stale cover.

Beyond elegance. It was a style choice, but especially one of love (her husband liked her that way) that inspired Ethel Granger (1905-1982) to tighten herself into corsets that modified her waist up to the point of reaching a record measure of thirty-three centimeters, a limit that has not been surpassed to this day.

A revolutionary woman, who, also to indulge her husband’s tastes, did not hesitate to have dozens of piercings done back in the Fifties. She is the inspiration behind this cover and the fashion shoot interpreted by an intense Stella Tennant. Who, to emphasize Ethel’s decisive and distinctive allure, wears an exclusive perfume, beyond any olfactory stereotype, like Infusion d’Iris by Prada.

In the bouquet, the precious elegance of the Florentine iris pallida combined with the freshness of the Sicilian mandarin and with a mix of galbanum, mastic, incense, vetiver and cedar wood. Gabardine nattée single-breasted coat with contrasting collar, Prada. Earrings and ear studs, Lynn Ban; pearl studs, Fenton; nose ring, Ugo Cacciatori; corset Deborah Milner. Hair Guido for Redken. Make-up Pat McGrath. Manicure Jin Soon Choi for Jin Soon Natural Hand & Foot Spa. Fashion editor Karl Templer.

Vogue Italia's september issue will ne in newsstand on monday August 29th (Milan only) and worldwide in the following days

vogue.it

I can't believe some of you don't like this. This cover is FASHION. I don't even like Stella, but I am living for this right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxnova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"