Vogue Italia September 2011 : Stella Tennant by Steven Meisel

This is way better than anything that has been produced by VI in the last few months. I love the styling and make up. I'm not quite sure if the waist enhancement was necessary, but there has to be a reason behind it. I really dislike the Avant-Garde text. It's was to block-y.

Where the hell did half of her waist go? oh Meisel Meisel!! :shock:

Wow, stunning cover! So good to see Stella on the cover of Vogue Italia again :heart: I love everything, even the scissor!

Ah, I would of preferred a studio shoot, I tend to under-appreciate Meisel's location editorials.

This is not something regular...its not something that you can actual coment...its a really deep image and if you dont like it you need to open your eyes...do you see the magic? the silence? the arrogance? As someone said before this is FASHION.

oh yes..this is a wonderful cover, the posture and the harsh face and the scissor?
totally avant garde..
could be the best cover this year.

Yawn. Stella? I'm so bored by her.
Alright cover.
My sentiments exactly. Never understood Stella's appeal, and this doesn't change that. The cover is certainly alright, but I get the feeling that this will be yet another boring issue of Vogue Italia.

I like it except for the face piercings, which look tacky.

I don't like that kind of images, so I'm not the fan of it aswell, glad to see that it's not studio shot though. I was expecting something provocative for September cover.

well it's not a bad cover, I anticipated seeing more than this, it's alright!

she reminds me of the Duchess of Windsor
I know, I immediately thought of her for some reason.

Very beautiful cover.. I can almost smell the perfume coming out of it, it's got that kind of appeal, and it's definitely one of Meisel's best in a long time, and I was wondering the same as BerlinRocks, is avant garde an extreme, or just going to lengths no one does anyone but not necessarily lengths no one's ever been to?, I always considered it the former, this is just retro garde :lol:, I guess the rest of the content will define it though.

Omg her Waist is so small but overall a fantastic cover vogue italia never disappoints

i like the contrast of the 'avante garde' theme vs. the simplicity of the cover.
not what i expected, but i guess that's the point. stella for september is fitting as well.

I do love the wonderfully unexpected covers that Vogue Italia comes out with, but this particular one isn't doing anything much for me, it's like an illustration for a gothic tale, except there wasn't enough money to make the set-up look truly fantastical, so the team had to fall back on twigs and photoshop.

Although it certainly wouldn't put me off getting this issue - not for one moment. I appreciate the strangeness of it, Stella as a woman with the body shape of a black ant... why not? Vogue Italia should be full of inventive weirdness.

Finally! something not in the studio, and something interesting and worth looking through.
Stella and Meisel is a combination that always works and here it's no different

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->