Vogue Japan December 2021 : Kayako Higuchi by Juergen Teller

Betty02rcq

Reaction score
Vo_268_001_350.jpg

www.vogue.co.jp

Jesus Christ, what does Juergen say to people in fashion? Why is he literally everywhere all of a sudden? Hailey Bieber of photographers.

I don’t mind this at all. At least not something we’ve seen before from a shared editorial.

I guess Juergen Teller’s way of working is cheap, and that’s why he’s still in high demand. Although I can’t imagine that his rate is low.

I love their cover model, but that's an awful cover. It looks unfinished. Maybe outdoor covers aren't their forte.

Reading from the cover lines, I suppose she is wearing Balenciaga Haute Couture, which is quite disappointing as the outfit is quite uninspiring.

Juergen Teller: deconstructing glamour since whatever year he was born. The absurdity of the background. The uncomfortable, barely physically possible pose. Kayako's silent cry for help. That poor Balenciaga, hanging in there like a fish out of the water. What is she even holding. It is all raw, sobering, merciless. Every hero needs a villain, and Juergen is one mighty nemesis to standard fashion photography. This cover is a catastrophe, and I love it. Rooting for the villain here.

Jesus Christ, what does Juergen say to people in fashion? Why is he literally everywhere all of a sudden? Hailey Bieber of photographers.

Hailey Bieber is not THAT bad actually, while Juergen Teller has a very special and unique gift - something opposite of Midas touch!

(Namely, everything he touch, he turns into a sh*t!)

Kayako Higuchi is very tall and an extremely beautiful girl, this Balenciaga Fall 2021 Couture gown is a mini-masterpiece of its own, but instead of a really beautiful girl in a really beautiful dress, Teller somehow AGAIN succeeded to turn it into a neckless and a shapeless blob!

vogue.com

The last issue under Mitsuko, she should have saved some Anna Dello Russo edit for this moment.

Juerguen Teller's work is perfect for some projects and also because the team behind it. the layout is a disaster also. I like the model but that's it

Can someone please enlighten me what's so good about Juergen Teller's photography? I just don't see it.

A VISIONARY LEADER
Photography:
Juergen Teller
Styling: Sissy Vian
Hair: Pierpaolo Lai
Make-up: Tom Pecheux
Model: Kayako Higuchi

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

EDIT: If posting the above contents to an outside source, we kindly ask you credit the Fashion Spot. Thank you!

KYOTO
Photography:
Yasutomo Ebisu
Styling: Saori Masuda
Hair: Asashi
Make-up: Nabuko Maekawa
Models: Ai Hashizume, Danil, Kanon Hirata, Kohei, lei, Miyu Onodera, Rabu & Sakura Endo

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

EDIT: If posting the above contents to an outside source, we kindly ask you credit the Fashion Spot. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEROES
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->