Vogue Japan February 2024 : Selena Gomez by Michael Bailey-Gates

The cover image choice is much better than the one from Mexican edition but it's still weak. The whole ed looks like a bunch of test shots taken by the assistant with an iphone and quickly filtered on VSCO app. Cropping doesn't make sense, lighting is flat. VJ is nothing without ADR and L&I.

The cover image choice is much better than the one from Mexican edition but it's still weak. The whole ed looks like a bunch of test shots taken by the assistant with an iphone and quickly filtered on VSCO app. Cropping doesn't make sense, lighting is flat. VJ is nothing without ADR and L&I.
I think it's a positive thing that they changed the photographer for the cover, but what they actually show..it's so boring

It’s an okay cover. I just don’t get the choice.

much better than the Mexican edition....

Why show the parts of the ‘studio setting’ in the images? Very annoying

What's the thought process that goes into choosing someone like Selena Gomez for multiple Vogue covers... Yikes.

I'm able to admire and appreciate this, a thousand times more than Selena's Vogue Mexico cover. This is far more simple, more chic and far more easy on the eye. Also love how she's wearing the Prada coat, as well as the black and white photography teamed with the orange Vogue Japan masthead. A nicely done cover, IMO.

there’s something off putting about her face, expression, hairstyle or maybe it’s the make up that turned her super pale? it’s something that makes me not like it that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->