Vogue Japan May 2016 : Natasha Poly by Luigi & Iango

They improved their layout problems a lot... it's still overcrowded, but at least the designer balanced the weight of the texts playing with the colors; that grey was a great choice, you almost miss it with the dress.

I do not understand how people say photoshop has messed up her face. THAT IS THE FACE SHE HAS. Her lips were thin and not as symmetrical but she worked it. She is THE NEW SEXY, leave her alone! Also loving the layout, but that top piece does not look expensive as it should.

Fabulous. This is most definitely something I am more than willing to pay £16.50 for! Leave it to Natasha Poly to serve up a gorgeous cover shot with oodles of presence, I just cannot get enough. Yeah, might not be the most groundbreaking of covers in terms of creativity and meaningfulness, but I honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed a cover this much (probably not too long ago.. but still). :heart:

I do not understand how people say photoshop has messed up her face. THAT IS THE FACE SHE HAS. Her lips were thin and not as symmetrical but she worked it. She is THE NEW SEXY, leave her alone! Also loving the layout, but that top piece does not look expensive as it should.

Leave her alone, what? The new sexy, what? Thin lips? What are you talking about, lol.
Anyway, it's nice. At first glance I thought this was Lara Stone to. Maybe because of the light eyebrows? I like her better with them darker, though. It's still a nice shot, a true model.

Natasha always works the bleached eye-brow, tough glamazon look. Please refer to Blumarine FW08.09 campaign for further reference lol

"African Vibration"
Model: Renata Sozzi
Photographer: Erik Torstensson
Stylist: Giovanna Battaglia

visualizing.fashion

Are all these African edits we've seen recently basically an outcome of the Valentino ads being so good? It seems the continent is this seasons Cuba.

"Adventures in Hair"
Models: Meredith Mickelson & Zoi Mantzakanis
Photographer: Ellen von Unwerth
Stylist: Deborah Afshani
Hair: John Ruggeiro
Makeup: Lisa Storey

visualizing.fashion

"An Innocent Flirt"
Model: Adrienne Jüliger
Photographer: Liz Collins
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Pierpaolo Lai
Makeup: Ozzy Salvatierra
Manicure: Casey Hermann

visualizing.fashion

Last edited by a moderator:
Cover without text

"The Sensuous Natasha"
Model: Natasha Poly
Photographers: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Manicure: Roberta Rodi

visualizing.fashion

I'm beyond bored by Natasha. But she works well with Luigi and Iango.

This looks sooo lazy to me. I have a constant deja vu feeling. It just looks like Luigi and Iango took a whole lot of pictures of Natasha at once and now they are getting published in various magazines. I swear, I have seen very similar shots styled exactly the same way:huh:

It looks sexy & flawless BUT literally all her work with Luigi & Iango = the same :blink:
It gets bored!

I can only stretch my head at 'African Vibrations' -- missed opportunity once again for inspiration or concept, the results ended up looking like a fashion spread for anthropology textbook.

Luigi & Iango edit with Natasha is nice and fitting for the concept, but I can't help to think that its an advertisement Kérastase. There's a definite lag in fashion at VJ, the circulation of models, photographers, and fashion editors don't seem interested anymore.

natasha works in general are like pop music. look nice but forgettable.

^
I think it's because the studio shoot setting with Luigi & Iango does look redundant. I wish they would switch things up and maybe shooting in nature or a different setting instead. Ms. Poly is inimitable nor forgettable but the spread is kinda predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->