Vogue Japan November 2021 : Cara Delevingne by Camilla Åkrans

I think this is one of the last work of Sissy for this magazine.

On contrary, I have a feeling (so, just a hunch, not even a rumour, let alone some kind of inside info or something!) that she is about to replace ADR!

On the other hand, and as I said earlier, what I know for sure is this issue was produced under Matsuko Watanabe (the December issue should be her final)!

I understand what they may have been trying to do here but I think as usual its almost always better for the cover subject to be closer to the camera than far away.

It's a very strong image with lots of textures from the dress to the environment, it can get lost from time to time but the cover works generally speaking.

DIVINE CARA
Photography: Camilla Åkrans
Styling: Sissy Vian
Hair: Yoann Fernandez
Make-up: Peter Philips
Model: Cara Delevingne

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, sooooo good!

The first video is a pure MAGIC... :heart:

Vogue Japan November 2021

My Space Odyssey

Photography: Kizen
Styling: Saori Masuda
Hair: Takayuki Nukui
Makeup: Kotomi
Models: Kiko Arai, Rina Fukushi, Yuka Mannami

An Extraordinary Journey

Photography: Nathaniel Goldberg
Styling: Sissy Vian
Hair: Stéphane Lancien
Makeup: Lloyd Simmons
Model: Mariam de Vinzelle

New Blooms

Photography: Katsu Naito
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Akki Shirakawa
Makeup: Raisa Flowers
Model: Jay

So Dior, LV and McQueen advertorials in one issue

I am one of those annoying people who claim to love surprises, then the surprise comes and they hate it. Yet, even I can feel the thrill of seeing a cover and for a nanosecond there, not knowing what magazine you are looking at. It happens very rarely, but when it does, it gives you a new appreciation for the magazine. Not that Vogue Japan needs any, though.

This cover grows on you. It starts feeling like a portrait, but it soon becomes more and more narrative, just as the editorial does. The texture that Åkrans achieves is exquisite. Add the McQueen editorial, so simple yet so effective, and an excellent Vogue issue is accomplished. Vogue Japan makes it look so easy, it's unfair.

Harpers Bazaar UK called and they want their crap and stale stately home editorial back.

Okay this is actually stunning, the best I've seen Cara look in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->