Vogue Mexico & Latin America April 2023 : Irina Shayk & Tindi Mar by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Vogue Mexico April 2023 with Irina Shayk by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin:

The beauty cover is stunning, but neither of the fashion ones works for me which now just proves how there's some skill to a 'fierce' pose. Here Irina is just standing with her legs apart. Nothing happening with her face, the angle looks more uncomfortable than sexy, and I'm not sure who decided on the shoes but it's a bad idea.

I&V are clearly not who they thought they were. Covers this year alone shows it's time for another semi retirement.

Shocking. Genuinely baffled that anyone saw the first cover image and thought it was good for publishing, let alone cover material! She looks like a frog about to be dissected! Zero elegance, zero beauty in the image. The dress looks incredibly cheap, but I guess that's just your general high fashion nowadays. It bothers me that it's sheer enough for us to see the entirety of her body, but not sheer enough to make the background visible through the back layer - it makes me think they pasted her sprawled body in the forest and forgot to edit the dress transparency.
The second one is an improvement, but I'm not sold on it. The layout is incredibly weak and the shadows are extremely harsh (just like Inez & Vinoodh's British cover). I don't like it. The beauty cover is the best of the bunch, I think it's a great shot but it also could've benefited from less exposure adjustment. I do hope that the editorial won't be a complete disappointment... I generally love a good Veruschka/Rubartelli reproduction, but this doesn't look very promising.

That pose of hers on the first cover is ridiculous, the only reaction I had was to laugh... Another day, another I&V sh#t! The second cover had potential, but the choice of clothing left everything in the same tone, there is no contrast.

The editorial definitely looks much better, I have no idea who approved the covers.

Fuerza Natural is the title of the final record of Gustavo Cerati, one of the most beloved singers in Latin America, and as a fan makes me emotional. Glad to see Irina. Finally a Supermodel. I was wating a supermodel again since Imaan.

The first cover is beh, but the other & the edit is amazing. It's a tribute of the Veruschka & Rubartelli's work.

I'm afraid Irina won't be the cover model for Latin America.

She is hiding from the atrocious make-up and costume she’s been forced to wear

I love the concept and mood but feel like a native or Hispanic model with less makeup would have pulled it more effortlessly than Irina.

liliana-dominguez-371286-fit.jpg

fmd

I thought it was someone like Anitta on the first cover, the cheapness literally just jumped out. The second cover is better but again still very cheap looking.

I love the concept and mood but feel like a native or Hispanic model with less makeup would have pulled it more effortlessly than Irina.

liliana-dominguez-371286-fit.jpg

fmd
Liliana Dominguez, right? She was the second or third Mexican to cover VI. I think the photographers picked the model here.

FUERZA NATURAL
Photography:
Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Valentina Collado
Hair: James Pecis
Make-up: Sam Visser
Model: Irina Shayk

vogue.mx

I like the cover and the editorial but I still have a problem with Irina being on the covers of magazines like Vogue...
Especially nowadays.

I am a huge Irina stan, but this isn't great

Tindi Mar's cover is much better and I can't help wondering what it would look like in colour.

I like the cover and the editorial but I still have a problem with Irina being on the covers of magazines like Vogue...
Especially nowadays.

Why, have I missed something?

I don't get the Irina hate!!! She's one of the last fashion bombshells, and always delivers. I like her editorial, but wished better covers for her. I'm happy that Karla put an international supermodel on the cover again after the long list of feamale singers. Also I'm so glad they put Tindi for Latin America after replacing her stunning cover in November 2021 with such a mediocre and random one. Quite fix that. Tindi looks like a 90s Meisel muse, like Audrey meet Elsa. Pretty good for soft themed shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->