Photography: Duy Vo
Styling: Jetteke van Lexmond
Hair & make-up: Mo Karadag
Model: Doutzen Kroes

It looks awful & I find it very boring
resembling a standard holiday snap
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
:doh:
Her best friend/agent Mo Karadag should stay home next time because his hair/make-up performance do not make sense
It's always the same & it's terrible!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's boring because Doutzen is boring and Vogue NL is boring, so added together it's the definition of boring.

I like it because the red makes it look faintly striking, and it's a summery shot. Whoever did her hair should be sacked, my God.
Don't actually mind Doutzen for Vogue NL, probably she's for the Dutchies what Gisele is for Brazilians. At least she's got something new on the table, no more baby-talk, hopefully.

For a split second I thought they had a redesign, which they are in dire need of. I mean, grammatical error in 'alle fashionlooks lente 2016' aside, the placement just looks off.

It reminds me of that Blake Lively x Mario Testino for Vogue US August

This is too plain for Vogue, but it is Vogue Netherlands and they don't exactly make stellar covers.
But still it is boring.

Not too bad, just looks like something Meisel might of shot for US Vogue in the '90s. Usually I really like Doutzen's covers, but her expression looks a little off here.

Doutzen for Vogue Netherlands.. what a suprisse..

looks like a cover from the german housewife magazine Brigitte.:(

Nice enough, like the red, can't expect much from Vogue Netherlands.

It reminds me of that Blake Lively x Mario Testino for Vogue US August

You took the words out of my mouth lol but she is a great model, they just did not know how to style her properly and ended up with a bad image which they chose. I´m sure she posed better and offered better angles.

It's bad, but by Vogue Netherlands standards it's a masterpiece.

I'll give them credit because they shot outside, for once.

Preview from Vogue.nl

This would have been a better cover .. she looks cute here

I don't get the handbag, who hikes with a handbag? And in fact the belt around the dress. A selection of Nepali influenced/print/textured dresses, with a carefree twist, would've worked here. She looks too formal for the setting. I wish stylists would sometimes think out of the box. If the house insists on a head to toe look, opt for another choice.

looks like a cover from the german housewife magazine Brigitte.:(

:lol: That sentence is to die for (for anyone knowing Brigitte). I could also imagine this cover as a rip-off of the visual of an album by the Wildecker Herzbübchen or the Kastelruther Spatzen... But I have to agree with HeatherAnne on the fact we need to praise Vogue Netherlands for having been able (at last) to push the door of their office and shoot outside!

vogue nl

It's very sweet that she's doing this for charity
but I find it a little milked out because last month this same documentary has been on Dutch TV on the biggest / most watched TV channel (primetime)

DE DROOM VAN DOUTZEN
Photographer: Duy Vo
Stylist: Jetteke Van Lexmond
Hair & Make-up Mo Karadag
Model Doutzen Kroes

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
Photographer: Marc De Groot
Stylist: Jos Van Heel
Hair & Make-up Irena Ruben
Model Luna Bijl

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition