Vogue Netherlands July 2013 : Kinee Diouf by Ishi

The cover shot is very eye-catching but the layout doesn't help it at all. The VOGUE logo should have been written in yellow or another color to make it stand out.

kinee!! :woot: what a wonderful surprise!! so happy to see her nab a vogue cover!

This reminds me of some bolder Bazaar covers form the past, it certainly catches ones attention.

What is Kinee wearing on the cover?? Don't know if I've seen it before.

Wow this is great it reminds me of vogue covers from the thirties and forties. They had a certain mystery about them, and often times the model wouldnt even be main focus of the shot. Very refreshing!

previews:

i cannot believe they are doing reprints again.

neonoase-65136.jpg

excessorize-65134.jpg

beach-chic-65128.jpg

pure-peru-65129.jpg

isabeli-fontana-3-65130.jpg

one-minute-wonder-65132.jpg

bambi-65133.jpg

vogue.nl

previews:

i cannot believe they are doing reprints again.

I know. I always figured they were always inspired by Vogue Paris, but Vogue Nederlands should seriously develop some kinda individuality. Russia, Japan, China, etc. have an identity, but VN is trying to be Vogue Paris 2.0. Even some of their original eds look like knock-off Sorrenti. Now Kinee's cover and ed are very nice, but again very Vogue Paris. I like VN but since its inception, haven't been blown away by anything. (Although this is close.)

Laura Blokhina's reprint is from Elle Russia November 2010. :shock:
I'm rooting for VN, want them to do good, be creative and amazing, but 2010 reprint? seriously? I'm beginning to lose my faith in them.

Too bad they're using reprints. I'd rather like them to produce their own editorials with less popular Dutch photographers, which was actually one of the reasons I was excited for Vogue NL.

Fantastic to see Kinée though!

I don't get the point of rep[rints... I'm sure a majority of people have seen the images on line or in other places, right?
But I love that Kinee is on a Vogue cover! Even if is an odd image for a cover...

Yayy for Kinee!! Is this her first Vogue cover?

The cover is stunning but reminds me of Sasha's ed in Vogue Paris February 2011.

scanned by Carla-A

Cover Story: Neon Oase
Photographer: Ishi
Model: Kinee Diouf
Styling: Marije Goekoop
Hair: Leslie Thiebaud
Make-Up: Phophie Mathias

magworld.nl

LOOOOVE the cover ed, Kinee looks flawless
And the fact that this is such an usual cover is what making me love it, wish I could buy it

Jewellery: Excessorize
reprint Vogue Paris May 2013
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Model: Magdalena Frackowiak
Styling: Brune De Margerie
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Make-Up: Christelle Cocquet
Nails: Brenda Abrial

magworld.nl

Beauty: Beach Chic
Photographer: Petrovski & Ramone
Model: Erin Wasson