Vogue Netherlands September 2024 : Doutzen Kroes by Lachlan Bailey

Instagram text translated in English:

Doutzen is back! More than two years ago, the Dutch top model withdrew from the fashion world. Until she suddenly reappeared on the catwalk with Chloé last season. And now she graces the cover of Vogue Netherlands for the first time.

In the song, she explains to Fiona Hering why she stepped out of the spotlight: "Everyone could express their creativity on me, photographers, stylists, make-up artists, but I was not heard. I was so done with that. As a model, I never had a voice, which is where my rebellion came from, among other things." ⁠

Vogue's Creative & Editorial Director Marie-Nanette: "When Doutzen spoke out on Instagram about social issues, public opinion changed. Doutzen turned his back on modeling. And now, all of a sudden, there's that Chloé runway show, a fashion publication in American Vogue and a return to Victoria's Secret. Doutzen is back."

This looks like a copy of something but can't put my finger on what, someone please help! feels like Vogue Italia from mid 2000s...

^ I kind of am if she’s reporting live from the Great Awakening. 😅

Her behavior during COVID was totally bad hence her return to this magazine and not ''Vogue Italia'' or ''US Vogue'' or doing huge runway shows like she used to. I liked her before but now she's like Blake lively to me lol she's not relevant anymore and while she was away thousands of new faces popped up.

I obviously don't agree with the nonsense that Doutzen said, but I won't be a hypocrite, especially because several models (Gisele, Shalom, Candice, Imaan, Amber, Carolyn and the list goes on) supported her, but didn't have the courage to expose themselves, in other words, they are even worse for being cowards.

Regarding the cover, which is what matters in this case, I am immensely happy to see Doutzen again and on a beautiful cover! She is a COVER GIRL and I want more Vogue covers with her.

The last time I enjoyed Doutzen was in her last Vogue Spain cover a long, long, long, long, long time ago.

Great cover, quite impactful. I love the gaze, the thing she's wearing...
The fashion industry pardoned Galliano, I am sure they can forgive Doutzen for speaking nonsense.

I obviously don't agree with the nonsense that Doutzen said, but I won't be a hypocrite, especially because several models (Gisele, Shalom, Candice, Imaan, Amber, Carolyn and the list goes on) supported her, but didn't have the courage to expose themselves, in other words, they are even worse for being cowards.
Well, if it means hearing less uneducated opinions... more people should be cowards. :lol: Cue the whataboutism.

Anyway, in the last two shots she oddly reminds me of Claudia... but like... an off-brand version.

Was she worse than Mona though ? I don't follow models closely, but Mona's work seems unaffected by her Covid behaviour.
In Mona's case, no one cared because she's not famous... But she acted worse!

Well, if it means hearing less uneducated opinions... more people should be cowards. :lol: Cue the whataboutism.

Anyway, in the last two shots she oddly reminds me of Claudia... but like... an off-brand version.
As I said at the time, Doutzen was stupid twice, for what she think and for expressing her opinion, it would have been better to have kept quiet like the others. Whatever, water under the bridge…

Was she worse than Mona though ? I don't follow models closely, but Mona's work seems unaffected by her Covid behaviour.
I think Doutzen is much well know than Mona, like a celebrity

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->