Vogue Paris April 2020 : Marion Cotillard by Lachlan Bailey

Fabulous cover and maybe Emmanuelle’s best when it comes to celebrities. It’s very classy, timeless, luxurious!

‘Numéro de Charme and you couldn’t do better than creamy satin and expensive bed sheets!
I really love this cover and Marion + Chanel could be very fabulous (if she changes her stylist).

The only thing I hate on that cover is the front seam of that dress! Wake up Virginie!

I know this cover is for Marion as the face of N5 but it is so strange to have her in Prefall 2020 already as the collection only hits the stores in June.

She literally took us to the 80s for 9 years! She's been at the helm since 2011 and maybe that was her 1981 moment. Now, 9 years later, she's now in the 1990s (2020).
She was pretty much « on decade » during the 00´s...

Those decades comments, hahaha. Gorgeous cover. I love Lachlan's work. One year and Alt will have more time than Carine at VP as EIC.

Let's not get too cosy with her newfound 90s obsession, rumour has it she's heading back to 1978 for the May cover. :lol:

Can anyone predict the content or will she shock us with that as well? Looking forward to Virginie Benarroch and the cover edit. There may of course be the requisite denim edit and something shot either by Sam Rock or Alasdair, but keen to see if she'll have another welcoming surprise like Jacob K/Roversi last month!

I'm afraid I'm not carried away by Marion and have actually never really been. I'm also not used to this new font yet. The cover is elegant but hardly memorable to me.
I'm very happy for Lachlan Bailey though!

I'm afraid I'm not carried away by Marion and have actually never really been.

Interesting! I get the impression she doesn't appear to be much liked in France, purely going by the few covers she's able to book. Binoche who is less active and less famous to be global mainstream moviegoer gets far more than her. I find it odd because imo she's such a quintessential 'French' actress, but without the pretension. Of course this is coming completely from an outsider's pov.

Interesting! I get the impression she doesn't appear to be much liked in France, purely going by the few covers she's able to book. Binoche who is less active and less famous to be global mainstream moviegoer gets far more than her. I find it odd because imo she's such a quintessential 'French' actress, but without the pretension. Of course this is coming completely from an outsider's pov.
She is very much liked in France. She is a popular actress in the French sense of the word. She is a bit like Vanessa Paradis and Sandrine Kiberlain...But she has a very exclusive image in a way. That must be the Dior thing. Her couple is very much appreciated here.
Léa Seydoux and Mélanie Laurent on the other hand aren’t that popular.

Marion is unreal-looking. I am so captivated by her beauty: It’s at once kind and regal, timeless and untouchable. She was stunning to look and what a presence in Justin Kurzel’s gorgeous, painterly Macbeth— the strongest portrayal Lady Macbeth by far.

Not so much on this cover... it's just alright.

Rather hilarious how starved we are for a hint of quiet luxury and soft decadence on a gorgeous woman without any obnoxious PC-gimmick kidz in your face that such a plaintive and frankly, rather pedestrian shot that would have been the typical aesthetic of department-store catalogues and consumer-fragrance in the 90s/2000s, is now swooned upon LOL

(Loathing the typeface BTW. But ever since Fabien’s left this rag, the typefaces have been trollish level of eyesore.)

I find this cover incredibly boring.
It could easily pass for an expensive bedding ad.
Marion looked much better in Dior campaigns.

It's entirely by accident, I'm sure, but it's very timely all the same, this sense of being able to roll around in bed in expensive comfort.

The reason we all like it is because, let's face it, it looks like a Roitfeld cover instead of an Alt cover.

You really can't go wrong with Marion.

Surprised this isn't Lea Seydoux with the Bond set to premier when this went to print.

Still waiting for a Marine Vatch cover.

Still waiting for a Marine Vatch cover.
Do you think she will ever get a cover? She is not really a big actress. She has that very confidential and almost elitist filmography and VP is really about big big actresses or at least, actresses that have a kind of mainstream success.

I always felt that Karl chose Marine to be the face of Chanel as a new Anna Mouglalis.

But I wonder when Sandrine Kiberlain will get her cover. She is friend with Emmanuelle and loves Celine. And she has that mainstream success like Sophie Marceau and Charlotte Gainsbourg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->